Alone (UK) TV series. What ten items would you choose?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Not quite I. The five items point but looking through the original lists plus what they go in with...
1. Pocket knife
2. Ferro rod
3.pot plus lid
4. 550 paracord
5. Water bottle/canteen
6. Sleep bag/blanket
7. Recurve bow plus arrows
8.fishing gear
9. 500g of ingredients X3
10. 2kg pemmican.
To be honest with what their base list is, I've spent a while on my own with less..

ATB
Stephen

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
US season 11 started.

Contestants and their choices.

And another case of someone needing to secure their arrows better in episode 1.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Decacraft

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
I would choose a swiss army knife over a leatherman any day. Way more tools on them x
The one that was chosen had a pliers but no apparent wire cutters. With choosing wire for snares and crafting I would prefer a leatherman to be able to cut the wire

Have also noticed a few have modified their leathermans so they have gouges and chisels for carving

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
The one that was chosen had a pliers but no apparent wire cutters. With choosing wire for snares and crafting I would prefer a leatherman to be able to cut the wire

Have also noticed a few have modified their leathermans so they have gouges and chisels for carving
yes. you are right about that, but I think the other tools, on a swiss army champ for example out weigh that x

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
Thought Jack not taking a ferro rod was stranger.
There's always a few question choices on each season in my opinion. Another is the shovel- I have one and it's nowhere near an axe for chopping, or the catapult fowler chose on season 3 over a bow.

I know it comes down to skillsets but having seen the difficult conditions previous contestants have had to endure without a ferro rod I would put it as almost a certain item to choose.

I do hope they make another uk version soon as well

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
There's always a few question choices on each season in my opinion. Another is the shovel- I have one and it's nowhere near an axe for chopping, or the catapult fowler chose on season 3 over a bow.

I know it comes down to skillsets but having seen the difficult conditions previous contestants have had to endure without a ferro rod I would put it as almost a certain item to choose.

I do hope they make another uk version soon as well
The second series has been cancelled as of April this year. I am a bit disappointed because I put in for it. I liked the fact that anyone could have a go and not just really skilled people like the U.S version.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE