Alone in the Wilderness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Now that is nice, homely yet practicle. Nice find, may find myself ordering those vids.
Cheers
for that post.
GB :D

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
really enjoyable clip, left me wanting more and kinda wanting to pack all my gear and move to that valley and build my own log cabin.

do you have a link for the full video

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
I've read the book and it gives a good insight in what the man did. Great reading.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Mans-Wilderness-Alaskan-Odyssey/dp/0882405136/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1251214145&sr=8-1

If you enjoyed the Proenekke story you might be interested in this movie:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Trappe...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1251214222&sr=1-1

The story of a trapper in the Yukon, played by the trapper himself. Thin story line but everything about the nature, birch bark canoes, building log homes, hunting, dogs.. The works!

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I tried ordering the film a while back and came up against a brick wall, Bob Swerer didn't want to ship it abroad and so that was that. I was a bit annoyed at that, I was willing to pay but was refused as I had the audacity to live outside of the United States. I got a copy from elsewhere, not gonna say how or why as it will breach BcUK's rules but figure it out, it doesn't take much imagination!

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
can anyone point me in the dirction of the bushcraft tv thread that walks with dogs is talking about, had a good look and couldnt see it, really want to see the rest of this clip.
thanks col.....

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Just watched the whole video...FANTASTIC! Really makes you want to go out and build your own log cabin :D....can anyone tell me what the tall structure next to his cabin at 46:15 is...my guess would be the meat store to keep it away from other animals...not sure though :confused:

Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE