Almost there!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
I have bought my basha, cord and pegs today :D should come monday or tuesday.

I am just stuck on my sleeping bag choice now. I have seen several, my budget is £40, i'm not too keen on spending more than that to be honest.

I've been looking for one capable of all weather. Even considered making my own modular one. I would love a modular sleeping bag that can be a 1,2,3,4 season bag by adding and removing layers

I am just totally lost as to which one. What do you recommend.

Thanks

[edit] Also, i am going to have to come to a meet sometime, maybe during the summer holidays if theres one on.[/edit]

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
Congrats mate on your burgeoning kit collection. For £40 you should get a very good sleeping bag. I paid about £28.00 for mine, and am very pleased, especially when compared to the more expensive ones that are available.

Sounds a bit daft, but go to your outdoor stockists and try one for size. At mine they had one reduced from £68.00 to £30.00, but it was way too narrow for me, I tried the £28.00 and that was perfect.

Good luck with your choice.

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
Thanks for the advice :D
I'm happy to here that not everyone has 100+ sleeping bags.

Been lloking at the tracpac type 4, any good?

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
i second both the modular apprioach and trying them for size.
I used my dad's old 2 part bags for years growing up until i borrowed them when i was a bout 20. They'd always been warm before but now i'm about 6'3" i tend to get cold shouldersas the bag is tailored to go for people about 5" shorter and won;t do up well

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
I just think its a great idea to have it so you need only k=one sleeping bag and it can be adjusted to suit the temperature you need.

Also the air spaces between each layer must have extra insulating properties?

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
best bag i ever owned cost me £28.00 i just got a snugpack bag for £30.00 and its utterly usless not sure if its sufficient for my 9 year old even, so ive just ordered a army issue one from northern ireland via ebay :D at £16.01+£5.00 p+p
now its generally recognised as being a great bag just to big for some people,s kit
its 4 season as far as i know but it has a zip so realistically its anything from 1-4 add a gortex bivvy bag and a liner and dont forget a mat of some kind and its about the best youll ever get for the money, just my opinion of course but -7 on 3 inches of snow is a good indicator for me
your of the same mind as me i think if you can afford £100+ on a bag get b+b :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE