Allotment and stuff!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Marco1981

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 18, 2011
Orkney
My garlic are always buried, but everybody elses I have seen do the same. What I can't understand about my onions is that even when I submerge only half the set, it grows well - but downwards. How is that? You would think that the least resistance is above, so would grow the easiest possible direction.
It isn't really a big deal, I just have to clean them off a little more than I would like. It just always baffled me as to why everybody else has beautiful looking onion beds with onions *sitting* on the soil while mine always require digging out.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Probably a stupid question, but how does everybody who posts pictures of their onions have them virtually just sitting on top of the soil???? Mine are always at least half buried, whether grown from sets or seed. And I plant them according to the instructions. This year, I planted sets so that only half of the set was under soil, yet they still ended up burying themselves. I planned on cheating next year... grow them as usual, but a few weeks before pulling up, I planned to remove the top inch or so of soil over the entire bed so that they look like everybody elses.

They are hiding from the northern isle wind.

Marco1981

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 18, 2011
Orkney
They are hiding from the northern isle wind.

Lol. I don't blame them at the moment. Its a little bit chilly and blowy at the moment. Just hoping that the wind and tides are bringing tonnes of seaweed to the shore so I can use it on my beds. :D

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
yqadudu6.jpg

Toms/ wild rocket and nasturtium home grown... Pickled ransom bulbs foraged... 😄

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
😄
Are oak leaves ok for use as leaf mould??
Can't seem to find any info..... I've got masses of holly too but guessing they'll be no use...
y7yze7yn.jpg

Drying beans
myveqyva.jpg

Any ideas??
5u3ety4y.jpg

Punk flowers??
D

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Looks like an unripe quince to me. It should turn yellow and become very fragrant when you scratch the skin.

Makes vodka taste very good :)

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Is that not an April fool? If not, its a ridiculous price for a novelty that probably would give a poor crop of toms and potatos.

It wouldn't be any good for me as blight would get them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

leedsbrew

Forager
May 15, 2013
Leeds
Probably a stupid question, but how does everybody who posts pictures of their onions have them virtually just sitting on top of the soil???? Mine are always at least half buried, whether grown from sets or seed. And I plant them according to the instructions. This year, I planted sets so that only half of the set was under soil, yet they still ended up burying themselves. I planned on cheating next year... grow them as usual, but a few weeks before pulling up, I planned to remove the top inch or so of soil over the entire bed so that they look like everybody elses.

Your not the only one fella! Mine do the same!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE