All terrain Wheelchairs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Wicked stuff . The wife has just received conformation for her new wheelchair. This is what she has ordered
http://www.tramper.co.uk/
I test rode one and they really do go anywhere , So would recomend them to anyone with access problems to the great outdoors .
Does anyone else use an all terrain chair ? Ifso what do you use and what do you think of it ?
There is one guy who is doing "Hannibals " route through the Alps in one of these !
Cheers
Pumbaa

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Nice looking piece of kit pumbaa :) In landscape architecture we really aim to make places as accessible as possible (through thoughtful design), but there will always be areas where this is not possible so this type of equipment must really help provide wider access to the countryside.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Does look fun doesn't it ?
We were considering other wheelchairs in the region of £10000 and they still looked like they would be broke in 5 minutes flat , this one rolls in at under £6000 with a whole host of accessories (including a trailer to get it to the woods) .
The only downside is the 30 mile radius , so no remote trips !
I think it will do cover most of the ground round here though .
Pumbaa

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
A pic like that shocks me. We always complain about stuff, but forget how lucky we are that it hasn't happened to us and i think we forget the gift given, that we are all-terrain creatures, because of our flexibility with our feet. :)

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
Should be too difficult to get hold of extra batteries. Reading around a standard electric wheel chair claims 31mile range with one battery, I guess it's lighter and not going off road though. I would guess you may get more then 30miles out of it if your not taking it to it's limits.
I've tested pedal powerd thing for disabled people (some hand powerd). I'm guessing the electric motor makes it more stanble and prevents in going at high speed down hills.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
Motorbike Man said:
Did anyone notice the six wheel remote control thing How much fun could you have bolting things onto one of those :D

I wonder if that was the company doing all the reasearch using robot wars for harsh environment remote controlled stuff. I know the guy who made recyclops and others did custom stuff for disabled people (including off raod transort IIRC)

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Motorbike Man said:
Did anyone notice the six wheel remote control thing How much fun could you have bolting things onto one of those :D

Great fun. :D I couldn't get an idea of the size of the things from the video.
Any idea how much load they can carry and still zoom about?

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
Looks like they use wheels similar to quads to me. I'd guess they are using the same 73ah gell lead acid batteries and motors that the chair uses. I know romot controlled cars using these can pull a land rover. The question is do they have 2 motors or four?

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
The tramper arrived on friday , what a beast !!! Will try and get some photos up to show you what it can do .
Pumbaa

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE