# ...all i want for christmas is me two front teeth....#

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
I have an old barnet wooden stocked recurve crossbow with 150lb limbs on it,i decided that i would uprate it to 175lb limbs,easily done. When the arived i eagerly fitted the new limbs,and boy were they powerful,so i went out to try and test fire it,i had a stirrup made from proper paracord and so i put my foot into it and pulled back the string to cock it,believe me it was difficult so i gave it a final tug to cock it when i found myself nearly knocked out,spitting teeth and blood everywhere and the world spinning,after i sort of came round it turns out that the paracord stirup came off when i was at full 175lb pull and so the but of the beech stock was propelled up to my face,glancing off my chest and smashing into my chin,this causing me to bite near through my tongue and smashing the cutting edges of my front teeth as they met each other.
Interestingly as i picked myself up and made my way across the garden to my shed i could only hear the kids pissing themselves with laughter and shouting run hes coming as they ran for cover in the house!

moral of the story is use a proper stirrup and dont rely on paracord!

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
owwwwwww ! me mate once shot his crossbow without a bolt in it and the string twanged of the limbs and bull whipped him round the face ,the red marks took a while to fade !! :lol:

get well soon :)

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
bunny98.gif
bunny98.gif
bunny98.gif

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Damn mate, thats gotta sting (understatement i know), did the kids escape the wrath of dad?

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I did exactly the same thing as a teenager with a Barnett Wildcat.Luckily the prod was only about 40 or 50lbs but the butt still managed to break my nose and my specs and give me a scar on the forehead which I still bear.Missed my teeth though thank God.
Sounds hellish painful bud.My sympathy is on the way in a bucket!
Simon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
D@mn!

Having used crossbows for many years, I can imagine the forces involved!

Lucky it wasn't worse tbh

Get well soon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE