All fired up and no-one to flame??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
What's happening??:(

I've been reading a few threads today and I'm amazed at the negativity I've seen in some of them (not going to mention which). Is there something in the water or is a full moon on the way? We're all here for the same reason which is sharing our experiences, enjoying the cameraderie of like minded people, sometimes teaching, often learning from each other I just don't know why some are getting so hot under the collar about the smallest things. C'mon guys, summer is on the way, take a deep breath, smell the spring air and chill out a bit.

You know it makes sense

MD:cool:

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Reminded me of this cartoon:

xkcdwrongoninternet.jpg

It's a compulsion, I reckon...

:240: :grouphug: etc.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:lmao:

Add in 20 m of half made fishing line and that was me last night :eek: :rolleyes: :D
Then realising I had a nice warm husband to cuddle into, in a nice comfy bed, and I thought, "bu**rit" and gave in :approve: .

cheers,
Toddy

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
What's happening??:(

I've been reading a few threads today and I'm amazed at the negativity I've seen in some of them (not going to mention which). Is there something in the water or is a full moon on the way? We're all here for the same reason which is sharing our experiences, enjoying the cameraderie of like minded people, sometimes teaching, often learning from each other I just don't know why some are getting so hot under the collar about the smallest things. C'mon guys, summer is on the way, take a deep breath, smell the spring air and chill out a bit.

You know it makes sense

MD:cool:

Well said.

I can't really add anything that doesn't sound like I am lowering myself to the level of those that can have arguement over a blade of grass.

perpetualelevator

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Summer's on the way? We just got 30 cm of snow in Toronto. ;) We don't have sidewalks in our neighborhood anymore, and I think the dog's going to start burrowing through the snow rather than try to stay on top of it.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Yup, summer is on the way. It might just take a wee bit longer to reach the colonies :D

Get yersel' a nice glass of single malt, snap off an icicle, pop it in the malt and enjoy.

Eric

h2o

Settler
Oct 1, 2007
ribble valley
theres has been a lot of negativity in the posts latelty,I DONT MIND A BIT OF AN ARGUMENT OVER THE BEST SLEEPING BAG OR BEST BOOTS BUT SOME POSTS HAVE BEEN FILLED WITH FULL SCALE ARGUMENTS OVER NOTHING!!

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I suppose there are always many reasons, but perhaps Bikething is right and the impending storm has put people on edge, in the same way that very muggy weather can make people irritable.

Forked_Stick

Feb 27, 2008
Earth / USA / New York
I was just discussing this same thing on a fishing forum that I am a member of...its the winter doldrums. Bushcrafters & fisherman are outdoors people...and while we can go outside, its the months and months of cold rain and wind that give people a sort of cabin fever.
Im the first one to say that there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing choices. However, I cant wait till I can be outside shoeless and in shorts and a t-shirt again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE