Alert ! Important information ! Alert !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry

I went from using the SLR (fn fal) many years ago, to the SA80A2 on my return to the green.

The immediate action drills weren't much different TBH, but first time stripping the thing was like looking at the innards of a broken cuckoo clock.

After just having done the SAA course, I happened to watch Dug Sojers again - only this time I actually noticed the weapon handling, ruined the watching that did...

Then I gave myself a slap for noticing.

Liam

WoodMan

Forager
Jan 18, 2008
Norfolk
Every night i have to perform a Make Safe on the dishwasher.

An unload followed by a load.... you must have at least two sets of crockery etc...how the other half lives.....when I was a boy we lived in a shoebox on the side of the A1 and used broken bottles as spoons....

Lumber Jack

Tenderfoot
Jul 3, 2011
I'm from Yorkshire, lad.
normal (numpty) safety precautions; make safes and unloads - safety on, mag off, cock hook n look etc.

Liam

"Unloaod!"

Safety on, Magazine out, bring the working parts fully to the rear, look. Once up, one down, peek in the chamber, once up, once down, peek in the chamber. Check magazine housing. Fire off the dry action

"Stoppppp!!!"
"Which t*at just fired off a negligent discharge...You, Outside the CO's office, you're on report d*ck head!"

:rolleyes:

LJ

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
An unload followed by a load.... you must have at least two sets of crockery etc...how the other half lives.....when I was a boy we lived in a shoebox on the side of the A1 and used broken bottles as spoons....

That's luxury that is!

"Unloaod!"

Safety on, Magazine out, bring the working parts fully to the rear, look. Once up, one down, peek in the chamber, once up, once down, peek in the chamber. Check magazine housing. Fire off the dry action

"Stoppppp!!!"
"Which t*at just fired off a negligent discharge...You, Outside the CO's office, you're on report d*ck head!"

LJ

Hahahahahahaha

Liam

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Has it not been on a few times recently? Good film though, a copy is in my film library :)

OT, just watched Battle : Los Angeles.... a must see for sci fi fans, very gung ho, OTT but worth a watch. :)

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
"Unloaod!"

"Stoppppp!!!"

LJ

oh my god , my troop were the last unfortunates to use the punt guns that were the SLR's.
just had a flashback of exactly the same scenario with our psychotic sergeant....happy times - now 20 years have passed :lmao::lmao:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Recoil control. 7.62x51 is a pig to control in FA. 5.56 is a pussy cat by comparison.

Spray and pray is not a discipline for a rifleman ;)

....and just what the feck is wrong with my Lee Enfield anyway? It still hits reliably at 700 yards in a crosswind - lets see the "plastic fantastic" guns do that!

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
LOL, nowt wrong with the Lee Enfield.

Though why they let us use them as cadets, when we could hardly hold it, I'll never know...

Lumber Jack

Tenderfoot
Jul 3, 2011
I'm from Yorkshire, lad.
The SAS had a fully auto variant. And one that was a bit shorter. I think even 22 reg kept to semi-auto though. You can get more accurate rounds down range, they've always been the same. Hooligans!
I saw plenty of SLR's tampered with in the armories, trigger sears filed down to make them full auto (I even seen elastic bands and bits of string being used to modify the sear). They were a heap of cack though, they jammed every five minutes. Still I'd rather carry one of them into battle as apposed to the SA80, even the latest models.

Speaking of 7.62. We once had a demo with the Gimpy with regards to PIRA members hiding behind chimney stacks in NI. It knocked the Chimney block off and demolished half of the roof. GPMG, a cracking weapon. :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE