Alert ! Important information ! Alert !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
The SAS had a fully auto variant. And one that was a bit shorter. I think even 22 reg kept to semi-auto though. You can get more accurate rounds down range, they've always been the same. Hooligans!
I saw plenty of SLR's tampered with in the armories, trigger sears filed down to make them full auto (I even seen elastic bands and bits of string being used to modify the sear). They were a heap of cack though, they jammed every five minutes. Still I'd rather carry one of them into battle as apposed to the SA80, even the latest models.

Speaking of 7.62. We once had a demo with the Gimpy with regards to PIRA members hiding behind chimney stacks in NI. It knocked the Chimney block off and demolished half of the roof. GPMG, a cracking weapon. :eek::eek::eek:

As with the earlier question, of why the Argies had full auto and we didn't, it was to do with the barrel. The Argie version had a heavier barrel, whereas the Brit SLR would overheat like a polar bear in Bermuda if you went full auto on it.

You're right though, plenty got 'played' with to go full auto. Used to wipe the barrels out PDQ though.

However, if you have to go out there and just give it to them, matchstick holding the sear down and a 30 round Bren mag feeding the beast very quickly meant the bad guys thought it was the entire Audie Murphy cavalry coming at them!

And back to dog soldiers. One of my guilty pleasures that film. Sad that it had to be shot outside Scotland due to certain restrictions, but a brilliant film none the less.

Oh, and those clearance drills someone listed above, you forgot stick yer finger in the hole post visual check JUST to make finaly sure nothing was hiding in there. So I was preached to anyways :)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Three weeks ex around Gairloch head area just after watching that film! BEST EXERCISE EVER! hahahaha even found a white cottage that was given a VERY wide birth:D hhahaha big tough men! great film,

The a2 is great, really want to play with an ebr!

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Well I was camped in the Lairig Ghru that night and I didn’t hear any gunfire or howling ,but I’m glad I missed the football ,Come to think about it I can’t remember a full moon that night ,But I did need a shave the next day!!!
Before the film the only gun Kev McKidd shot wiz Glover’s air gun.
Well its a full moon tonight Wed 12 Oct so i'm off walkies nowwwwwwwwwwww.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE