Airguns?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Yeah I do a bit. HFT, FT and a bit of hunting. What ya shooting. I'm a daystate man.
DSC_0012.jpg

Last edited:

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
I have a HW100K, purely hunting, never given HFT, FT a go but thinking about it as i don't get out hunting as much as i would like at the moment!

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
As a Ratcatcher, I'm a professional airgun user, so have more than one. I do some target work with the rifle and the Baikal pistol, mainly to keep in practice when I haven't had any shooting jobs, but the Crossman pistol is modified for humane slaughter, and doesn't have sights, as the maximum range I'm likely to use it at is about three inches.

The rifle is an Air Arms S410k with a customised stock and moderator, and fitted with a military-style bipod and a 3-9x50 illuminated mil-dot scope. Using the bipod I can produce sub-20mm groups at 50m which, as a rats head is about 25mm x 40mm, is quite good enough for my purposes. (In case anybody is wondering about those dimensions, I just measured the rat that lives in a cage in my office!)

The Baikal pistol is only for use when working in confined spaces, where I'm likely to be suddenly confronted with a p***'ed off rat at close range, at which point five rounds rapid is all there is between me and rat bite fever (murine typhus for the technically minded.)

Alan

hw97k for spot on work, wabbits, pigeons etc out to about 35yards i not shoot past that because i am a naff shot, but improving well (0.22)

i also have a chinese b30, which is a great rifle for plinking and as its depowered to 8ftlb so i can do pigeons inside barns with out going through the cement deck sheet roof its also a 22, its also my rat rifle
i use it as my test rifle as wel, i wanted to make a new stock so its the rifle that gets abused and generaly beaten on and it still goes on

i also have a cheap .177 pistol to which is a terable thing to aim the sights were miles off so we have a red dot on it great for rats inside rat cages that need finishing off and its brilliant to plink with

thebrown83

Jan 3, 2012
Manchester, England
Yeah I do a bit. HFT, FT and a bit of hunting. What ya shooting. I'm a daystate man.
DSC_0012.jpg

Very nice rifle mate, I have an AA S400 with 6-24x50E-SF JSR Scope (.177) and a rare Alros 'Octo-Plus' Trailsman 400 TDR with 4-12x40 Webley Gold Scope (.22) I will upload some pics of them as soon as, photobucket is playing up for me at the min.

I mainly go up to BOAGC (Blackburn Outdoor Air Gun Club) and general plinking but I am desperately wanting to get into hunting and await replies for the many permission letters I've sent out.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I quite fancy getting myself an Air Arms s410 TDR but want one in .177. Also need to sell my Daystate Mk4. Less than six months old from new with a hawke sidewinder

greenwood

Forager
Jan 2, 2012
Wild Wiltshire
Yes I like me air guns,had a couple over the years, I have a Rapid 7 now with camo stocking on, usually used for both plinking and a bit of rabbiting, taken a few rats as well.
P1010844.jpg

thebrown83

Jan 3, 2012
Manchester, England
Also for anyone interested, there has recently been a new Airgun forum open that goes by the name 'Planet Airgun.' It 2 weeks old and is fast becoming a good, friendly and very informative airgun forum to be a part of from the start.

Here's a link:-

http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Hope to see you on there lads and if you do decide to register, then please feel free to mention in the 'Welcome' section who and where you heard it from..me!haha

I'm on there with the same username; thebrown83

Cheers lads,

Danny

Last edited:

madgaz

Forager
Sep 21, 2011
Bradford, West Yorkshire
My old man has just bought a BSA rifle. Not sure which :confused: so won't get techy.
I'm looking for a cheap starter if anybody knows of one going. Just a break barrel, pref .177 and 12lbft (that's the max legal init isn't it?)
Hopefully when I get my butt in gear and get one me and the old man are gonna try get a permission or 2 local and literally go ratting/rabbiting to chew the fat and escape the ball and chains for a few hours. Also combine a bit of bushcrafting too ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
HW97K all the way, got a couple of other Chinese plinkers the boys use and a Webley pistol for very close range despatch of nasty things caught in cage traps

Roe Ring

Forager
Oct 6, 2010
N. Wales
I've just started with airguns again after 15 years using centre fire rifles, and I'm really enjoying it. I went the whole hog and bought myself a Daystate Mk4is.

Just tucked into a rabbit curry made with the first two rabbits that fell to the new rifle. Nom nom nom ...

Atb

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebrown83

Jan 3, 2012
Manchester, England
Here is a couple of pics of my two PCP's:-

DSC01647.jpg

Air Arms S400 with 6-24x50E-SF JSR Scope (.177)
DSC00600.jpg

Alros Trailsman 'Octo-Plus' 400 TDR with 4-12x40 Webley Gold Scope (.22)

Danny

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2012
Shropshire
i've a webley mk 3 and a smk .22 great for relaxing with in the garden
im into my air weapons but do a lot more airsoft now on the airsoft front ive a WE M4GBB ,ICS Custom M4, A&K M60 and a kwj 1911
my air rifles are locked away in a safe as ive a young'un running around

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
I was into them as a kid but could never afford much at all, bought a black HW97 KTS .177 today.
Tony's Camo and Airgun Centre just outside chester, really great service and after sales.

I'll post a pic or two when my scope arrives from ebay :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE