Aircrew Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stretch3144

Feb 3, 2009
North Tawton, Devon
I am selling an Aircrew Knife.
This is the same as issued to RAF aircrews and fits in a knife pouch sewn onto the issue flying suit.
I have had it for several years and have not used it for a while since leaving flying duties.
The orginal knives have a rounded tip to prevent against stabbing yourself when cutting yourself free from your harness etc. I have ground the tip down to add a pointed and sharp end.
The "wings" on the handle compress together, enabling you to clip it to the scabbard.
DSC01309-1.jpg

DSC01311-1.jpg

Cost: £20 inc P&P RM First Class. First PM secures. KNIFE NOW SOLD

ATB
Ian

jimfbte

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2005
Hawaii, US
stuckinthewoods.info
I am selling an Aircrew Knife.
This is the same as issued to RAF aircrews and fits in a knife pouch sewn onto the issue flying suit.
I have had it for several years and have not used it for a while since leaving flying duties.
The orginal knives have a rounded tip to prevent against stabbing yourself when cutting yourself free from your harness etc. I have ground the tip down to add a pointed and sharp end.
The "wings" on the handle compress together, enabling you to clip it to the scabbard.
DSC01309-1.jpg

DSC01311-1.jpg

Cost: £20 inc P&P RM First Class. First PM secures.

ATB
Ian

I'd like it. PM sent.

Jim FBtE

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford

Very interesting knife

Can I ask though what is the benefit of cliping it to the scabbard?
I pressume the knife in 'the wrong way round' in that the blade is exposed and the scabbard extends the handle - is that right?

Cheers

mark

stretch3144

Feb 3, 2009
North Tawton, Devon
KNIFE SOLD PENDING PAYMENT.

Buckshot: in answer to your question, the photo is not clear as it is a reverse view of the scabbard. The knife actually fits inside the scabbard, then the hole at the end of the handle locates over a spigot and is locked in place by the spring loaded "wings" on the handle.
The knife is designed this way so it can be inverted on a flying suit. It is normally sewn in a pouch to the right side thigh of a flying suit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE