Ahh, gone forever!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Also, I keep reading of certain animals going extinct, in our lifetimes, which is really shocking to me. Probably because, its something you grew up knowing about, then out of the blue you read it went extinct a couple of years back.
Like the famous west african black Rhino in 2006. I used to have those as little plastic toys!
[There have also been species of Tigers, and leopards, made extinct in our lifetimes. Such beautiful animals.] Very Sad. :(

1439925399-screen-shot-2015-08-18-at-31556-pm.png

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
My Innocence.

And kit-wise, my childhood fishing gear which I foolishly leant to a relative and never saw again.

I did a post about it some time back on my blog and re-reading it still makes me cross - why did I lend it to him?

https://gardeningboots.wordpress.com/2011/11/03/past-future-and-presents/

Also what we call an American shovel that I inherited from my grandfather (the sort of shovel that would be strapped on a Willy's Jeep). I went to help someone dig some footings and took some tools. He broke the shovel doing some ridiculous levering on a big lump of concrete. Even aside from the family connection I could have cheerfully strangled him for wrecking such a useful tool by sheer stupidity.

I loved that shovel. I rehandled it, but it's not the same. Perfectly serviceable, but the balance is all gone.

Last edited:

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I am incapable to keeping hold of titanium sporks. Managed to lose two so i have given up owning one. I lost my Ben Orford neck knife doing a charity event in London. I put it down on my stall and some herbert decided property rules didn't apply.

Of course my most devastating loss is the passing of my two hounds Barney and Meadow. Gone but not forgotten.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I've had three i phones nicked from me in the last six months. None insured. :(

One little B**** was walking next to me, grabbed it out of my hand and was off down the street like linford christie.

I **** you not. I blinked, my jaw dropped and he'd already made it around the corner...

I've never seen anyone move so fast. The other two times are too embarassing to talk about.

Last edited:

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
A cap with a sew on patch from my first ever competitive shoot. The hat was of little or no significance but the patch is irreplaceable. 2 crossed rifles with bisley 2005 under it. Even if I found the patch on eBay or something it wouldn't be the same. Lost to the tide at holy island. I often wonder if it washed up anywhere and if anyone found it!

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
In early May 2007 I sailed from San Juan, Puerto Rico, bound for Florida USA. The weather forecast was good and my course would take me up through the Bahamas. My steel Gaff Cutter had been my sole home for 9 years, just wandering in the Mediterranean, the Canaries and then across the Atlantic in December 2006 to the Leeward Islands.
I got caught by a Tropical Depression they called Andrea. Although Andrea developed off the Florida coast the effects were felt far to the South in the Bahamas. I ran before mountainous seas for 30 hours under storm rig, but being singlehanded eventually exhaustion caught me and I tried to get out of a reefed area into the open Atlantic where I could heave-to and sleep.
In total darkness and enormous seas I got it wrong and struck some isolated unlit rocks South of Ragged Island which lies North of Cuba.
Everything I owned except the jeans, boots, knife and T shirt I was wearing was lost. I had a grab bag with wallet, bank card and the usual abandon ship things like flares etc: stowed in it but things like family photos, my old service records, qualification certificates and literally everything from my past right back to my school days, went down with her. I spent 40 minutes in the surf getting battered before I got onto a tiny area of reef and the brilliant US Coast Guard picked me off the rocks at 02.00 hrs with one of their big helicopters out of San Juan.
Third party insurance only ( Full insurance is not obtainable for singlehanded ocean sailing) So when I arrived back in Uk with a plastic carrier bag with my wordly goods in, it was goodbye to the kids inheritance and start again....:D

2005 in happier times wintering in the Greek Islands..

embassy001.jpg
..and new (secondhand) home since Miss Andrea..:D
jNTAJmfl.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
My Blundstones!

How could I forget my Blundstones.

They died at Chelsea Flower Show after years of sterling service and also of looking cool with boot cut jeans.

Every weekend I pull on various different boots and they are never as good.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
My Blundstones!

How could I forget my Blundstones.

They died at Chelsea Flower Show after years of sterling service and also of looking cool with boot cut jeans.

Every weekend I pull on various different boots and they are never as good.

You can buy them in the UK you know, I used to stock them in my shop. Though my last pair I bought online. Not as cheap as in Oz but considering they last so long great value for the money. But I agree; look good, most comfortable footwear ever and great general bushcraft boots.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Arwon

Jun 30, 2015
Brunei and Thailand
You can buy them in the UK you know, I used to stock them in my shop. Though my last pair I bought online. Not as cheap as in Oz but considering they last so long great value for the money. But I agree; look good, most comfortable footwear ever and great general bushcraft boots.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.
My last pair of Australian Blundstones died so I replaced them only to find they were made in Vietnam, they never felt as good as those made in Tasmania, they never wore in and never got comfortable like the originals, going to try Australian Rossi's next, hate it when they shut down factories and move offshore

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE