advise would be appreciated

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
hi all
i'm being sorely tempted with this combination available on tamarack's website at the moment.http://www.tamarackgroup.co.uk/acatalog/Finnish_Knives.html (third one down). there is a number of factors influencing my choice
1 there is a twenty percent discount being offered at the moment which would reduce the price by twenty pounds,
2 i think a leuku and the smaller balde would complement each other allowing the tools i carry to be reduced to just these, thus retiring the mora,folding saw and cheapo hatchet i use at the moment
3 the combination sheath means everything would be in one place rather than me having what could be described as a bushcraft batman belt
4 its really really really pretty IMO and i've been promising myself some bling for a while now.
5 i am getting much more comfortable with my knife skills and would like something a little more natural looking and not quite so mass manufactured

sooo after this little ramble (possibly self justification)
my questions are does anyone have this combo already?
or know someone who has?
are they as good in real life as they appear to be in this photo?
do they perform as you want them to?
how long is the handle of the larger blade?

thanks in advance and kind regards
Sam

Bmatt

Sep 17, 2008
US/Finland
I don't have this particular set, but I'd take advantage of the discount. Seems like a good set from what I have read.

I do use a leuku and puukko while doing outdoorsy things and find that I am able to do most of the wood processing and other tasks I need to do with just these two. A chopper of the size you're looking at will definitely handle smaller trees as well as a hatchet/small axe, as well as batoning, etc. etc. etc. and the puukko will handle more delicate tasks. I've tried other combos before, but like this arrangement the best.

hi all
well ive bitten the bullet and abused my credit card once again
once its been deliverd and ive had a chance to play..ahem use it ill let people know what i think if they are interested?

jaysurfer im very sorry as my beloved says to me bad sam bad sam :)

Bmatt thanks for the confirmation i thought it might be a good combo just wanted someone other than the voices tell it looked ok and would be suitable

cheers all
Sam

Bmatt

Sep 17, 2008
US/Finland
fast dont describe it really :)
think they must of posted it before i ordered it to get it to me that quick!
ive never done a review before so it'll take me a lil while to figure it all out
regards
Sam

How about just some pics and a short description of what you did to start off with? :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE