accident during travel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Shouldn't you check prior to travel, you book flights or fill the car with fuel, surely part of the planning is checking levels of cover?

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Then you will have to fund your mdicare, legal cover, compensation and have the joy of trying to find yourself decent representation. If you are injured and need to be flown home with med care it will cost thousands of pounds. As Louis1661 said know before you go!

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
The £100 for a good travel insurance is worth £100,000 if you get messed up a long way from home, especially if you are going off the beaten track. So buy before you fly is the only way to go.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Sort it out before you go, check on this site for recommendations and advice, not all policies are equal.

I have been the subject of an emergency medical repatriation, it didn't cost me a penny, without the insurance cover I'd have been out about £50,000.

:yikes:

mwelch8404

Sep 14, 2004
Cedar City, Utah, USA
You mean he pays for your household insurance? :)

Boy, I wish.

His gal was over here for 3 mos. She had to have an appendectomy while here, fortunately, her travelers covered the whole thing, including "incidental" expenses.

If you don't need it on a trip you may think waisted money, but if you do, it's worth every penny and then some. Especially, as mantioned above, repatriation, not to mention if it happens in some third world dung hole.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE