Aboriginal hand fire drill....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

DOC-CANADA

Paganwolf said:
..... One thing I was shown which I thought you may like to see was the Abo hand drill ........

Paganwolf;

I noticed in a couple of pictures that the top of the drill had a sharpened point on it. Was this intentional, and, if so, why?

:smile: Doc :smile:

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Celtic Dragon said:
PW, for the people who want to see this in action, would you mind bringing it down to Ashdown, and me videoing it???
Ok, its a git in the damp as its a balsa type wood it soaks in the moisture but im sure i can find someone there who will go tandem on it with me, which is how they usually how they do it any how,if i can squeeeeeeze it in ill bring it :lol: :wink:

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
DOC-CANADA said:
Paganwolf said:
..... One thing I was shown which I thought you may like to see was the Abo hand drill ........

Paganwolf;

I noticed in a couple of pictures that the top of the drill had a sharpened point on it. Was this intentional, and, if so, why?

:smile: Doc :smile:
Well Spotted Doc! :shock: i forgot about that and there is a reason for it yes, its to stick in the ground so some nice person doesn't step on it :lol: :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE