Aaaaaaaaaah!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ralph

Forager
Oct 31, 2005
lost
Picture the scene. A friend an I were having a day out in the local woods and were just tucking in to our freshly brewed tea, when My friend put too much powdered milk (mmm, delicious...) in the tea. A normal occurrence, you might say, but... He spooned it onto a leaf and I threw the leaf on the fire so there wasn't loads of milk everywhere when we left and it went up in very large, very bright flames! We tried it with a bit more and up it went again. On checking the label it appeared that there are many other ingredients in the stuff than just milk, including vegetable oil. I think it must have been this coupled with the large surface area of the powder. Oh and also teabags make good tinder in a wet wood. I wasnt sure whether to put this in firecraft or food, but I thought it might be useful. :eek: :lmao:

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
That'll be the large surface area with out a doubt, also there is lactose (sugar derivative). You can do that with flour as well which works quite well. We do an experiement in front of the students involving icing sugar and a golden syrup tin with a tea light in. , shoots the lid into the ceiling every time.

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
ArkAngel said:
Custard powder is good for that too :D

Just a thought ( I'm not sure if people use this anymore ) but here goes.

Do people use potassium permanganate ?

It's a wonderful chemical and has many uses, one of which is to start fires when combined with glycerine and cotton wool.
It takes some practice but when you get the mix right, you'll have spontaneous combustion and it's not that hard to do.
The glycerine can also be used to sweeten things.
Again, I'm not sure how common such things are these days, if they are still common please don't think I'm teaching people to suck eggs, if not then I'll expand on the uses. For example water purification etc.

John

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
We used to use powdered milk for fire breathing in fire shows.

Far less carcinogenic than kerosene :yikes: and just as effective.

Still tastes ruddy awful tho!!

j

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
You can do that with virtually any fine powder, such as talcum, chalk, cement dust etc.... If you want to add a bit of smoke, try bleach and brake fluid.... :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE