A - Z of Motorcycles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
M - how can you forget the brilliant MZ?!

And Q - yes - the Quasar. Reliant robin engine, shaft drive, reclined feet-forward riding position, roof and windscreen wipers. I test-drove one in the early 80s - handled superbly, albeit a bit down on power. Unfortunately it was designed for a rider of 5'8" - the designer told me he'd got the stats from somewhere, so designed it for a 5'8" rider and 5'5" pillion. At 6ft, there was virtually no way to hold it up when stationary, as the roof meant you had to lean out sideways from a reclining position.........................

Frogo

Forager
Jul 29, 2004
Armstrong

Ajax

Aprilia

Benelli

BMW

Can Am

CCM

CZ

Douglas

Ducati

Enfield

Garelli

Gilera

Harley

Honda

Husqvarna

Indian

Kawaski

KTM

Laverda

Montesa

Moto Guzzi

Munch

MV Augusta

Norton

Puch

Suzuki

Triumph

Vincent

Yamaha

Wattle

Forager
Nov 6, 2008
Scunthorpe
www.ncgl.org
What do you all own now, I have a few,

1963 BSA 650
1979 Harley Shovelhead
1981 Moto Morini 500 Sport
2 MZ 250 super 5's
MZ ETZ 250
Ossa 250

and a couple of old Tiger Cubs in bits.

Not ridden anything for about 10 years though, due to a bad spell of depression.

Phil

What do you all own now, I have a few,

1963 BSA 650
1979 Harley Shovelhead
1981 Moto Morini 500 Sport
2 MZ 250 super 5's
MZ ETZ 250
Ossa 250

and a couple of old Tiger Cubs in bits.

Not ridden anything for about 10 years though, due to a bad spell of depression.

Phil

blimey my uncle used to be a Works Rider (trials) For OSSA i got his old 250 when i was a nipper with a few mods to :yikes: had to slip the forks an inch so i could touch the ground and technically wasn't allowed to use it as it was over the youth sections engine size of 175 but uncle was president of the club and i only did club events

i only have one of my own now a Armstrong MT500 with a 580 piston and flowed and ported head etc also badged Harley Davidson :D

Dad used to run a Manx Norton in the 60's and has his IOM Manx GP trophies :cool:
he has
Norton Dominator 650
Norton Ajax 750
BSA M20 500
and the Franny B
plus my old Yam TY80 :yikes:

OldSarumTY80.jpg

the_k

May 6, 2010
Pershore
I'll add a few:
Beta
Buell
Bultaco
Gas Gas
Vellocette

Currently we've got in the shed:
Ducati S4R
Ducati Monster 600
Triumph 5TA
Gas Gas JTX270

Wattle

Forager
Nov 6, 2008
Scunthorpe
www.ncgl.org
blimey my uncle used to be a Works Rider (trials) For OSSA i got his old 250 when i was a nipper with a few mods to had to slip the forks an inch so i could touch the ground and technically wasn't allowed to use it as it was over the youth sections engine size of 175 but uncle was president of the club and i only did club events

i only have one of my own now a Armstrong MT500 with a 580 piston and flowed and ported head etc also badged Harley Davidson

Dad used to run a Manx Norton in the 60's and has his IOM Manx GP trophies
he has
Norton Dominator 650
Norton Ajax 750
BSA M20 500
and the Franny B

My dad was and still is into Nortons, he rode the overhead cam International Nortons when he was a lad, he still has a good sized collection of Norton Singles, sadly no overhead cams though.

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
A few more for the pot:

Calthorpe
Dragonfly
Ecomobile
Rudge
Voyager

More trike than bike, but:

Carver

I've no bikes now, sold the last in 2001 to fund a canoeing trip. Every summer I think about the M21 my brother-in-law has rusting in a shed which would be nice to thump around our country lanes.

Al

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
Armstrong

Ajax

Aprilia

Benelli

BMW

Can Am

CCM

CZ

Douglas

Ducati

Enfield

Garelli

Gilera

Harley

Honda

Husqvarna

Indian

Kawaski

KTM

Laverda

Montesa

Moto Guzzi

Munch

MV Augusta

Norton

Puch

Suzuki

Triumph

Vincent

Yamaha

Francis Barnett

Jawa

Ossa

Rudge

Ural

Wankel - couldnt think of another :) i know it was a norton engine type

Zundapp

Cant think of Q or X.....................

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
blimey my uncle used to be a Works Rider (trials) For OSSA i got his old 250 when i was a nipper with a few mods to :yikes: had to slip the forks an inch so i could touch the ground and technically wasn't allowed to use it as it was over the youth sections engine size of 175 but uncle was president of the club and i only did club events

i only have one of my own now a Armstrong MT500 with a 580 piston and flowed and ported head etc also badged Harley Davidson :D

Dad used to run a Manx Norton in the 60's and has his IOM Manx GP trophies :cool:
he has
Norton Dominator 650
Norton Ajax 750
BSA M20 500
and the Franny B
plus my old Yam TY80 :yikes:

OldSarumTY80.jpg
I keep looking at the mt 500 I like it very much:D you didnt get over to the stafford show last year by any chance?
Im on the look out for a tralie and keep looking at the 350 and 500.
D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE