A wish tree

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Good morning :)

One of my friends is attending a wedding this week and she wanted something special for a present. We thought of a tree, that would have some nuts on it with wishes for the lucky two in this way it would be something really personal. I had a hard time figuring out what to do and then the process itself was a pain..... but the result... ahhh... I love it! How about you?

One of the leafs in detail. Nut saying "lucky ticket".

Thanks for looking, any comments are welcome! :)

Andy

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Wow that is stunning work mate,

It must have taken you a while to get all those bends done I would imagine.

Thanks for sharing

All the best

Craig

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
It took me a day to figure out what I want to do and to plan the process and exactly 3,5 working days to finish it. It's a lot of work :DD I could make a small gate in the same time :)

Last edited:

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
Beautiful. A stove/wodburner maker friend I know, makes the stove door hinges, door latch and stove legs with the same design incorporated, branches/roots and leaves.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Wow that is stunning work mate,

It must have taken you a while to get all those bends done I would imagine.

Thanks for sharing

All the best

Craig

Wot he said. That's gorgeous!

Beautiful. A stove/wodburner maker friend I know, makes the stove door hinges, door latch and stove legs with the same design incorporated, branches/roots and leaves.

Echoing wot Spandit said too, pics please.

That's already achieved heirloom status, and it hasn't even been handed over yet. Lovely work Milius.
:You_Rock_

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That is really rather special :D :approve: beautifully done.

Walnuts have their own rich symbolism too. If you open them neatly along the split and clean out the innards they make beautiful little boxes. Invitations to balls, etc., used to be sent in them. Sometimes with a pair of the finest of fine leather gloves contained within too.

Best wishes to your friends for a long and happy life together :)

cheers,
M

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Thanks everyone! :) You're too kind I think :D
I did hate a little to see it go, but that's life of a maker if you don't pass on what you do, you won't make a living. Anyway, great feedback and pictures always stay with you. :) You the best ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE