A week on foraged wild food.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
That was a fascinating read, thank you for sharing.

Would love to hear more of your reflections on how you think you could have improved the experience. Say for example, if you knew that you would have to do this again next year, what other preparations and foraged food source preservations would you do in the seasons leading up to it?

I was going to do it again in few weeks when spring has properly sprung. A friend that shoots has volunteered to do it with me. Like a quite of few people on here i forage and preserve seasonal food. People in the past and most people that live in a harsh climate today, store for winter. In spring I would expect to used vertually no stored foods, but carbs can sometimes get a little difficult, and there are things which are only learned from doing.

i would improve my fitness, the diet was quite repetative, but nutritious. if I was fitter I would been less lazy about varing my diet. There was perfectly good arum roots a six mile cycle [12 mile trip] ride growing next to very tasty velvet shanks but I was too idle to get. Like most of Britain I got some chestnuts in the autumn of edible size but never enough. I have since located an area walnuts are supposed to grow. Both of these are high calorie foods that getting years supply of either in the autumn would be nice, it isn't easy to find a years supply of either in britian. I am going pollish my ID skills on dune grasses, I should get edible seeds that way.

to be truthful I sort still crave mussles in ramson butter with seabeet with roast wild parnsips on the side. As a meal to eat every day for week It is bloomin lovely.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE