A Thank You

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
One of these days, I'll stand up after a few wines around the camp fire, and say it to people's faces, but for now, this'll have to do. At least this can reach those people I've not met up to this point.

Thank you. I've always been interested in the outdoors, but it wasn't until late last year that I finally reached some sort of tipping point, where the desire to get stuck in outweighed the reluctance and nervousness, and I fell headlong into Bushcraft. That transition was helped immeasurably by the people on this forum. I am never happier than when I'm around the campfire now, and I revel in learning every new little skill (as many on here will attest to). None of this would have been possible without the support of you fantastic, fantastic people. I can see lifelong friends in every new person I meet, each of us with a shared connection in a love of the outdoors. May the future bring many a new campfire, thousands of carved spoons, and a head chock full of new stories!

Cheers guys and gals,

Matt

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I could have written exactly that, all apart from meeting people lol, in time though, I know what you mean about tipping point, I, like you have always been attracted to the outdoors but until this week have not done much about it, apart from site camping does that count lol :dunno: Been on a few 'trips' and lots of fishing in days gone but hey, sorry to steal your thread, just had to tell you I know that feeling.

Thanks.

woodpoet

Mar 16, 2012
Walthamstow
I'm with you in your enthusiasm of this site. I have learnt a lot since I joined last March. I have also met some brilliant people since joining.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE