A snowy few days in the Lakes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
They're like limpets aren't they, I've been inside Hillebergs and Terra Novas in strong winds and not slept a wink for fear of taking off or getting a face full of tent, you just know the TS isn't going anywhere when you've got good anchors. You look to have it in the higher pitch about 120-130cm? I've never dropped mine right down, it's good to know it gets even stronger if ever needed.

They really are! The wind was pretty strong (and freezing) and there was zero movement. I've used my Comp in strong winds and whilst it survived I didn't get any sleep because of all the swaying about and flapping of the fabric.

I pretty much always pitch it with my pole set to 110cm, I haven't measured how long the pole actually is when set at this length but that height seems to work for me, it's not super low that it's awkward in any way but I guess slightly more stable than a higher pitch would be.

It really is a superb shelter, love it

Matt

Last edited:

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Just trying to work out where you were Matt, am I close with Styhead?

Correct! Yeah this pitch was up above Styhead Tarn, I'd originally planned to be up near Sprinkling Tarn but there was still loads of snow up there.

I had a peek back down to Styhead as the sun was going down and there were two tents there

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Some absolutely stunning shots there. Thanks for sharing

Many thanks :)

Bit brisk was it? Great pics mate.

All the best
Andy

Thanks Andy, and yeah, it was a little chilly!

IMG_5162_zps48d70c39.jpg

Added a bit more a write up and more photo's to my blog

Matt

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE