A Revival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Emdiesse

Settler
Jan 9, 2005
Surrey, UK
It has been a long time since I have ventured on these forums. Since my last real activity I have been at university for 4 years; I successfully completed a degree in Computer Science. Now I have finished that I have been out and gotten myself one of those job things I had heard so much about.

So when I eventually work out how you professionals schedule your hobbies around this work thing I aim to try and learn much that there is to learn.

To get myself started in this vast subject that is bushcraft I have added some kit to my current collection. Now before you think I have gone mad and bought a load of gear all I have done is added a Frosts Mora Clipper and a Bahco Laplander Saw to my collection of gear which basically consists of the absolute fundamentals.

I hope to follow the theory that as I learn more the less I will need to carry.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
howdo, well i work in Telecomms and i pretty much book my time around some outdoor courses and the odd weekender here and there. i've got 30.5 days to take this year and i damn well plan on putting them to use :D what i can suggest is book fridays or mondays off from work, this gives you a good 3 days or even 3 nights to get outdoors and get comfy with your kit and surroundings without using a whole 3 days holiday.
thats assuming of course you work 9-5 mon-fri (most computer related jobs are which i'll assume you are in due to the computer sciences)
thats alot of assuming eh?
anyhoo your theory is sound, the more you know the less you carry but for now have a jolly good read of the boards which are chocked full of info and don't be afraid to ask any questions that may have been answered before. "a man who asks the question looks a fool for five minutes, a man who does not ask stays a fool for ever"
sort of thing ;)

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
welcome back dude!,..

There is ususlly a meet or two in the Hampshire area, keep an eye out,...

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Welcome back. BcUK has come on alot since ye olde days and the friendliness and community is the best I've ever seen it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE