A reminder to those of us with wood piles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 7, 2014
Bristol UK
A quick reminder to those with woodsheads or wood piles,, just remember they are nice and dry / warm places,
i've always worried about picking wood up from the piles and finding something small and furry living there (my pet hate rats/mice)
anyway about half an hour ago i decided to get in a few small chunks to start the fire as i just seemed to have big fat off chunks in the house , off i trot loads my arm up with half a dozon or so and got stung by a sleeping wasp

bloody stings too
but hey ho i'll survive
just a reminder to knock the bit of wood on something hard before stacking into your arm .
spiders,wasps,mice,rats etc ect

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Thank you for that, I have a very big wood store/shed and take it for granted, but I will now check and bang my wood
Cheers
Bill

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
I accidentally killed a very large red admiral last week, by not checking the logs as I removed them from a pile. Made me feel awful.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
We got asked to log up a large pile of dead fallen branches on an estate last week, unfortunately we displaced a family of voles in the process :( I'm sure they will be fine as there was no plans to move the logs once we'd logged them and plenty of warm dry places in the cut logs to rebuild but I have to admit to feeling bad about it all day. If we'd seen them first we would have left that branch as it was....I hate upsetting things that I don't have too (with the exception of you lot I suppose ;) )

Cheers :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE