A qusetion for the Dutch members.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I am trying to get my hands on a couple of the compression stuff sacks for the Carinthia Dutch army hooped bivy. The ones I have were army surplus and didn't come with the stuff sacks.

Are they readily available to buy separately in Holland or are they going to be a massive challenge for me to source a couple?

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I think im going to have to expand this now.
Does anyone know of a source where i can get my hands on a couple of the carinthia hooped bivi compression stuff sacks?

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I was after the carinthia one as its designed for the bivi specifically.
i don't think the sea to summit ones would work Rich. The carinthia ones compress the diameter of the bag. As the poles get wrapped up in the bivy you can't really compress its length.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I was after the carinthia one as its designed for the bivi specifically.
i don't think the sea to summit ones would work Rich. The carinthia ones compress the diameter of the bag. As the poles get wrapped up in the bivy you can't really compress its length.

Ah right gotcha, good luck in your search

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
Sorry I don't know where to locate these sacks but an email to any online Dutch surplus shop may help, most of them speak passable English.
The sacks are the sort of things that are just lying around and not mentioned in store stock lists.
The KL bivi stuff sacks are nothing special, they just compress the load radially a little.
The bivi packs down small enough as it is, the stuff sack is a bit of an overkill.
The same effect can be achieved with a couple of stout rubber bands.
Happy trails...torc.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
image.jpg

Im sorted now rich thank you; got myself a russian sleep mat carrier made by sposn

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 3

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE