A question of wonky hammocks?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrmel

Forager
Jun 23, 2008
Gloucester
I have a problem with my DD camping hammock that I would like to ask you about.

When I set it up last (The Bushcraft Show) I got in to test it and felt like I was on a slant!
I tried retying it and making the ropes on the offending side shorter but to no avail.
So after tying and retying for about half an hour I pulled out the ends so it was a flat rectangle again only to discover that the side without the zip is about two inches longer that the zip side!?!?!?

Could this be due to stretch in the material?
Or would it be a manafacturing problem?
Has anyone else had a simalar problem or know how I can fix it?

I can tell you now sleeping in a hammock that is wonky does not feel secure!!! It rememids me of sleeping on the floor but on a hill..... Rolling away from comfort!

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
2 inches difference in length will make a noticable difference to the lay, I'd call DD and let them know. They are usually top notch for customer service.

1/2" would be fine but 2" is too much. No matter how you tie it, it won't make any difference as its the tension on the hammock fabric that forms the shape.

As far as I'm aware, the camping hammock is made from polyester like the Travel so shouldn't stretch at all.

Hope you get sorted :)

mrmel

Forager
Jun 23, 2008
Gloucester
Hmm well thats not good.

I do have to wonder though wether I have had it to long to return it as it has been a few months now???

Only one way to find out I guess

Oh and thanks for the replies, very helpful!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE