A night in the woods.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Disruptive Pattern

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2014
East Coast
My first night out this year. How could i not with the weather like this, best to make the most of it. I took the afternoon off work, got home, grabbed some kit and took off for the woods.
The walk in was nice and relaxed, sun shining through the trees, this looks like a nice spot.
aplacetocamp_zps802a0174.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
This is Bentley's first wild camp, so will see how he gets on later tonight with all the woodland noises.
bents_zpsc6992940.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Camp all set, brew on the go.
campsmoke_zps90d946ba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Time to grab some tinder and wood for the main fire tonight, flaky birch bark peeled off in small strips make a great fire starter and there's plenty of dead wood around.
flakybirch_zpsbc41ed24.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
A view of the area, i love the transition of landscape from woodland to marshland.
location_zpsb6faccb7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Sun is now starting to go down.
sunset_zps3541ef97.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
With the sun going down my attention turns to food.
cooking_zps65b8b2c3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Something crashing about at dusk, most likely deer.
somethinglurking_zpseb692c05.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Well it was time to turn in, just about to drop off and the onslaught started
(usual woodland noise) Bent's didn't know what to do with his self, in and out the tent, at one point he tried to get in the sleeping bag with me, poor fella, anyway after a while he settled down and managed a bit of shut eye, as did i. I was woken at one point by something crashing through the undergrowth accompanied by the sound of what sounded like coconut shells being bashed together(like we did at school to make a clip clop sound of a horse) new one to me!! bearing in mind I'm in the middle of nowhere, no road nearby.
By 5am i was wide awake so time to put a brew on. I'm boiling the water for brews with my newly purchased Mkettle,
BIG THANKS TO SANDBAG47 FOR THE GROUP BUY love it.
It's lightweight, boils damn quick on next to nothing and the cover is cool to handle, it pours really well, you can also carry water in it with the rubber bung in place, whats not like.
morningbrew_zps7fbff94b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Ohhh, someone didn't sleep to well.
someoneslate_zps38a76568.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
All packed up and squared away, leave it as you found it.
leavenotrace_zps6f13e002.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Time to head home. Till next time.
timetogo_zpse8859458.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Hope you enjoyed it.
D.P.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Looks like a great night out, handsome dog too :D. Good job with the 'Leave no trace'.

Last edited:

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
Did you train Bentley to take the last pic? Fantastic! What? Timer on the camera? Oh OK . Silly me. Seriously, though, good pics, lovely dog, looked like a good night in a lovely place. (Can't get the image out of my head of someone running round your tent with coconut shells at 3 o'clock in the morning)

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Great photos and beautiful dog, My wife fell in love with him. sounds like you had a good time. As already mentioned great job with leaving no trace.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE