A nice piece of ash

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
A nice piece of ash,a piece of roe deer antler, a few carving tools and a lot of time and patience has gone into this.

Its 1360mm long tapering down from around 30mm at the top to 25 at the bottom. I've fitted it with a rubber ferrule for better grip although i can put a brass one on if required. I've aged it by lots of staining rubbing down and staining some more. The two bands that you can see in the pics are painted silver and then stained over to make them look like steel bands.the grooves either side of the "steel bands" are not just there for decoration they are also there to give you somewhere to tie paracord around if you want to use the stick to help set up a tarp. The antler piece has been left blank so that it can be personalised any way you like, initials or a small motif e.t.c. just let me know what you would like and i'll have a go, and measures 60mm x 15mm. The handle has been carved to imitate basketwork and has been sanded to a nice smooth finish that gives a good grip. I am sorry that the pictures aren't better so just in case you cant make it out the face under the handle is a greenman.
I am looking for £25 including P&p. I think this would make a lovely gift for some one.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE