A nice cup of tea....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Gorblimey, so the old ,uns had it right, it seems. :)

They can,t have even known about polywhatsits! :lmao:but there you go, we,ve got them now and theres no turning back.

Whatever next are the ploddy fellah,s likely to come up with?

Ceeg

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Splendid news, considering the amount of tea I drink... I have trouble believing that the average intake is less than 3 cups a day though. ;)

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Excelent - Thats good news ! I read the same thing on coffee in National Geographic a few months ago too. They don't actually dehydrate you as thought ! Coffee is also perfectly heathly solong as you don't have other medical conditions (high blood presure was one ofe em...) that they do affect.

I thought this was Stuarts brilliant thread resurected to start with.....
few found the link at last.....
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=9951&highlight=nice

Cheers
Rich

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
coor great right kettles on all round to mine :D

is there any new reasearch on choci digestives and their restorative qualities too?

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Seagull said:
Gorblimey, so the old ,uns had it right, it seems. :)

They can,t have even known about polywhatsits! :lmao:but there you go, we,ve got them now and theres no turning back.

Whatever next are the ploddy fellah,s likely to come up with?

Ceeg
Awfully clever, those Chinese. :p

jdlenton said:
coor great right kettles on all round to mine :D

is there any new reasearch on choci digestives and their restorative qualities too?

No, they're really bad for you. Chocolate HobNobs, on the other hand.... :notworthy

Pretend this: :beerchug: is a cup of tea. Just this once, mind...

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
"Sort of British..." tis indeed.
Like the way we seem to have fixations about, "closed pores and open bowels",
endless discourse about the weather and , cricket!

Across the pond, they,ll be saying, "Those G,dam Brits and their tea again!"

As Basil says, "Sorry"

Ceeg

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
It's good to know that tea isn't dehydrating after all. Shame it bangs on about antioxidants so much, though, as they're not proven to have any benefit at all (and in fact can be bad for you in some instances).

So the story should be "drink tea as it does hydrate you after all, and of course it tastes great".

Always good to resurrect Stuart's excellent post, too, so thanks Rich.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Maybe so, but a teaspoonful of sugar is 20 calories, it tastes good and it has to be better for you than all those fake sweeteners. You can keep the milk though, about the same calorie wise, I like my tea black.......or green or white :D

Cheers,
Toddy

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Black , with 2 and a tiny dash of Cayenne pepper.

Ceeg
just wondering how long before somebody tells me that Cayenne is full of e numbers or agent orange, or something.

Come on, then.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
As a builder, I drink a lot of tea, and I think it dehydrates to a certain extent. During the hot spell recently, I found nothing better than water, even after a cup of tea, I was not refreshed and had to drink water after a cup. I find tea leaves (no pun intended) the mouth and throat dry during hot weather and I have to drink water to feel better. This only applied during the hot spell and tea at the mo is great.
Tiny bit of milk and one sugar for me please............

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Rebel said:

Nice one, Reb.
So, with a no-no, for the sugars and a big yes, for the pepper; it looks as if I,d be better off just drinking water, then? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ceeg

SowthEfrikan

Tenderfoot
Jul 9, 2006
Texas, USA
Rooibos? Ag nee man, that stuff tastes awful. Ick. It's supposed to be healthy but don't see why anyone should suffer it. Viva Earl Grey, Viva!

Obviously can't speak for all we who live accross the pond, but I can say when I read how Londoners served tea to those who were caught by the recent bomb blasts, I knew that all would eventually be just fine.

Resilience, backbone, and tea.

Gotta love the British.

Drink on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE