A new way to carry gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
"Personal network !!" :rolmao:

Where are we sarge??..... Gimme a minute while I roll my sleeves up and get an uplink to the navigational satellite in geo stationary orbit above my collar !!! :eek:):

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
maddave said:
"Personal network !!" :rolmao:

Where are we sarge??..... Gimme a minute while I roll my sleeves up and get an uplink to the navigational satellite in geo stationary orbit above my collar !!! :eek:):

Don't joke... It will go that way sooner or later. Integration of GPS, comms, targetting, pulse/BP etc, NV (and video uplink, of course). The old DARPA programme had some of that stuff hooked up to a rugged 386; things have moved on a bit since then.

I just have a bit of an aversion to depending upon battery-powered kit for everything, especially in that sort of environment. There was a project to build a solenoid-fired SA80 - now *that* was a terrifying idea.

Anyway, stick a Bluetooth phone & headset together and you have a personal network. Add in a PDA, camera, whatever and it gets much sillier much faster.

Not Bob

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2004
42 pockets! How would you ever find anything? 41 pockets to store your stuff and the 42nd to store the list telling you where to look for stuff.

ESpy said:
Don't joke... It will go that way sooner or later. Integration of GPS, comms, targetting, pulse/BP etc, NV (and video uplink, of course). The old DARPA programme had some of that stuff hooked up to a rugged 386; things have moved on a bit since then.

I just have a bit of an aversion to depending upon battery-powered kit for everything, especially in that sort of environment. There was a project to build a solenoid-fired SA80 - now *that* was a terrifying idea.

Anyway, stick a Bluetooth phone & headset together and you have a personal network. Add in a PDA, camera, whatever and it gets much sillier much faster.

Think of it a being a BORG(Star Trek) but with style :rolmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE