A new arrival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Very quickly checking in,
Baby Verloc (or Lucy Evelyn Stott) was born at 2032hrs in Montrose on 29th December (her mums 30th).

A hard 20hr labour (scary as hell in my opinion), Baby managed to snap her cord when she eventually came out and had to be transfered throught the snow drifts 40miles to Ninewells Hospital where she spent the night in intensive care, all fine now, think she just lost a lot of blood which kept her colour weird, temperature down and her O2sats too low.

Scared the living daylights out of mum and dad. Went 60hrs with about 3hrs sleep scattered about and now home just settling in. The drive from Montrose to Dundee at 0130hrs after 42hrs no sleep in the middle of the snow and frozen roads was an interesting endeavour :eek: (no space in the special baby ambulance for mum so 5hrs after giving birth she was in the passenger seat next to me). But we got there in the end.

Great great great care and attention by NHS Tayside and I cant praise the staff we dealt with enough.

Anyway pics,

Very new and on the resus unit (not doing too well here)
one_s.jpg

Me holding her just before she was transferred and we had the trippiest drive
two_s.jpg

Looking much better and released from intensive care unit,
three_s.jpg

A couple of hours ago, leaving to come home.

four_s.jpg

Off to make some food and fuss a bit more :)

Hope everyone has a great new year.
(sorry the pics are crap but was with camera phone - she is very pink now - honest)

Knackered now.

Tom (looking rather chuffed right now)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Congratulations and all the best to you and your wife.

Got to be just about the best and most special birthday present you wife will ever get :biggrin:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You look well chuffed Tom

Glad it went relatively smoothly and both mum and Lucy are well.

Nice easy birthday to remember too.

Congrats to you both

:beerchug:

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
They like scareing the daylights out of you at that age. (My daughter was blue/grey when she was born, at home :rolleyes:)

Congratulations.

She looks like you. But inspite of that she looks very cute :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Is it all right to confess I was bothered what had happened that you hadn't come back on and said she was here and fine ? I was about to pm Stoo and quietly ask.

So pleased it's all good now :D
Certainly one birthday Cait'll no' forget :rolleyes: :)

Delighted for all three of you, hope the New Year is Happy, Healthy and Prosperous for you all :D

:grouphug:
Mary

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Hi Tom,

You won't find it too hard to remember those Birthdays then!

Congratulations to all of you. It is scary at the best of times but you had a pretty epic time there. Glad eveyone is OK.

Happy New Year!

Cheers,
Steve

Congratulations, glad they are both OK, she does look like you.
Sounds like quite a drama, amazing how what you expect to be this serene event can suddenly turn into something from M.A.S.H. army hospital! (Ours was an emergency Caesarian so I can sympathise a little)
All the best.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE