a 'never mind' deer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bear knights

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Cornwall
camped out in the woods this weekend and was sitting round a fire having a good old girlie moan with a friend, when over her shoulder I saw a roe stag only about 5m away. Hadn't realised they were that ambivalent to a/ a fire and b/ to two women having a good old winge. Stopped talking to observe, not wanting to scare it off but can't stop me talking for long so we started up the conversation again. it was completely unfased and continued browsing. the only thing that ended up scaring it off was a bark behind us from another deer.
Incredible close up sight and wish i'd had a camera with me....totally put into perspective the moan I'd been having.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
What were you moaning about :eek:

Seriously though, that sounds nice! Too bad you didn't have a camera...

MIke

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
i've found roe bucks can be very tolerant and have put it down to the fact that they aren't in areas that are stalked.

I know exactly what you mean about putting your worries into perspective though. I can sit for hours just watching deer.

In the woods I use to frequent you could get incredibly close and they really dont care...

187462702_3b82967625.jpg

leon-1

Nice Picture Andy.

Angie, Neil1 and I know the feeling we basically walked into a doe and her fawn and it was only after about ten minutes she twigged we were there. She then did a runner, but the Buck stayed around for a while and after a while he noticed us and then spent the next 20 minutes or so running around barking his displeasure at us being in a very nice secluded spot.

Rhoda

Nomad
May 2, 2004
Cornwall
www.worldwild.co.uk
Twas me who was also having a whinge hee hee! It truly was a lovely sight though, so nice to spend some time in it's company. We were also lucky enough to see a beautiful fox and found tons of tracks, badger, otter, fox, weasel, you name it we saw it!!! Thanks for a lovely weekend Bear.

marcusleftthesite

On a new journey
Sep 28, 2006
Had a Stag Roe bark at me this week,that's after continuing to feed on Ferns while me and the dog stood a few yards away watching him.I see him on average 4 times a week and I think he's got to know I'm no threat now.

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
I was at Respryn bridge yesterday with the dogs and as usual I had to get out of the car first to check for live stock, the jack russells think cows are just big dogs and can be played with, I walked onto the bridge to check up and down river when I looked down river there were three deer stood in the shallows on the right hand bank. Gobsmacked hardly does it justice, they knew I was there but couldn't give two hoops and holler eventually they headed of down stream, girls I think as there was no horns have no idea of type, just stunning. Needless to say we walked the other way towards Lanhydrock.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE