A little project.......

thedawnawakens

Settler
Dec 2, 2012
UK
Hiya guys so I had this piece of damascus steel which was part of another knife (attached to the lanyard actually) so I thought wouldn't it be cool to make a knife out of it.....so I used some files and wet dry paper followed by a good strop and it's scary shaving sharp....so here's the finished product.

DSCF0273.jpg

DSCF0276.jpg

DSCF0278.jpg

What do you guys think of my first attempt of my "little project"? All it needs now is a proper sheath of some discription. Any ideas on the sheath will be welcome.

Thanks for looking.

thedawnawakens

Settler
Dec 2, 2012
UK
Thats very dinky and looks mega sharp.
Nicely done:)

Cheers fella,

Maybe I ought to name the knife dinky. I was entertaining the idea of taking more steel off but to try and fashion a dinky friction folder but I'm not sure. This thing is really just a bit of fun, albeit sharp.

Kind regards.:cool:

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Cheers fella,

Maybe I ought to name the knife dinky. I was entertaining the idea of taking more steel off but to try and fashion a dinky friction folder but I'm not sure. This thing is really just a bit of fun, albeit sharp.

Dinky it is then;)

Its all about the fun mate,,,its a man thing eh...again:D

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I'm trying to imagine how you hold it? Although its nicer seeing the pics with just the wee knife :) Nice useful re-purposing, damascus without an edge would be firmly in the 'jewellry & other chocolate teapots' camp!

thedawnawakens

Settler
Dec 2, 2012
UK
I'm trying to imagine how you hold it? Although its nicer seeing the pics with just the wee knife :) Nice useful re-purposing, damascus without an edge would be firmly in the 'jewellry & other chocolate teapots' camp!

Perhaps I'll take a pic tomorrow then you can see. Yeah I thought it would look nice, I'm rather chuffed about it. Thanks for looking.

Ki

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE