A little experiment

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
would be a better test of the same design in d2 and the other in 01, then a fair comparison of the metals used could be drawn removing the differing grinds/handles and feelings.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Any steel can be made into a good or bad knife, and any good knife can be used well or badly.

If your Woodlore had a higher grind or the Enzo a lower one, the story would be very different, regardless of whether they were O1 or D2.

Totally agree with all Xunils comments but particularly this bit. I have been forging woodturning tools from D2 for 15 years, they get far more hammer and wear than any knife. I find it excellent and have never experienced the brittleness that folk quote and requote on the web without ever working the stuff.
You may have tried to zero grind the enzo but the photo clearly shows it is not flat to the edge and if it was then it would be a very fine edge and not hold it for long since they are designed with a high grind+secondary.

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I have an Enzo Trapper and it's a beautiful knife but I just wish the handle was about half an inch longer. Am I alone in this?

Not got an Enzo, but i find knives short as you say, so i recently commisionend JLT to make me one(see my back posts) this one realy suits me.

Rob

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
fashion victim?
Not sure i follow this comment.

I've lumped the two comments in together for ease :eek: .

I think flexo is referring to a passage in your first post -
Out of both knives the Trapper performed the better and remained the sharpest and was only half the price of the RM. <<<

>>> Any comments as to why this may be

It's a short and ?sweet? response and hasn't taken into account the posts which asked for, or gave, further information.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
the thing about the trapper is that it combines the best of the puukko and the uk bushcraft knife. the profile, grinds, handle shape, thickness and tang all make it a brilliant design, i have yet to use a small knife that outperforms this knife as such a brilliant allarounder, and ive tested alot of knives, handmade and production.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE