A knife question

gobbiner

Feb 2, 2014
RHUBARB CIRCLE
Hi just a quick question please, im thinking of getting myself a knife, for when im in the woods, id like to know how i would stand if i got stopped with a policeman, i assume as most of you guys have knives it would be ok but i thought id better just ask thank you...Ray:eek:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Have a good search on this site for "knife law" "legal carry" etc and know your rights.
I have no quarms about a fixed blade in my pack until i get to a woodland that I have permisson to be in where it will be used. Lots of grey areas out there and ill-informed police officers and public to boot.

Have a good read through all the many drawn out posts and make your own conclusions.

gobbiner

Feb 2, 2014
RHUBARB CIRCLE
Have a good search on this site for "knife law" "legal carry" etc and know your rights.
I have no quarms about a fixed blade in my pack until i get to a woodland that I have permisson to be in where it will be used. Lots of grey areas out there and ill-informed police officers and public to boot.

Have a good read through all the many drawn out posts and make your own conclusions.
Hmm that sounds dodgy, i will have a good read dwardo:thankyou:

Jimmy Bojangles

Forager
Sep 10, 2011
Derbyshire
I asked a policeman this, and his view was it'd be a very different story to if you were found with the same knife in your back pocket in the pub. So they could arrest you, but if everyone's civil and there's not an arm hanging out of your rucksack the worst you'd probably get is a lecture.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE