A keyring lighter?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
I was recently the butt of some McGyver jokes for not having the means to spark up a couple of candles at a friends dinner party. I usually seem to have the means to all problems, but it did get me thinking about a lighter that I could attach to my keys.

I know they exist and certainly look the part. Does anyone on here have one and are they useful at all?

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I find that liquid fuel (zippo, peanut etc.) dry out. The best bet is a mini clipper in a rubber key ring attachment known as a boot. Cheap and the most effective long term solution.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My peanut lighter hasn't been used in over a year, but I've just tried it and it worked fine :D
It just hangs on my everyday keys so it gets a fair amount of rattling around too.

cheers,
M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Must be just mine - but I've had two go empty on me after prolonged non use. The Bics though, five years later, no problem. Still the OP has heard both views

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I replaced an O ring on one that split the first time I took it out of the package :( so they aren't all made alike....well, the O rings aren't.

M

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
My peanut works fine as a reserve. I check it when I remember, or reminded, like now. I always carry windmatches too in a matchsafe and a gas lighter. It always mystifies me when smokers ask for a light and then regard me as odd because I carry a lighter but don't smoke. Much odder to be a smoker and not have a light Now how does that Boy Scout motto go again?

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i have one of the Zippo everlasting match thingys, works really well and lasts for ages, even if it runs out of fuel, it still creates a great spark.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
i have one of the Zippo everlasting match thingys, works really well and lasts for ages, even if it runs out of fuel, it still creates a great spark.

I've tried a copy of those and it was great!

Slipped my mind until you mentioned it, lost mine, so it might be a stocking filler if I'm lucky ;).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE