A damp day in the woods (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
as harvestman said those are the best pictures I've seen, what camera was that taken with if you don't mind me asking regards dave

Falcn

Mar 1, 2013
Dinnington
I use a Canon 1D MkIII I think most of these were taken with either a Canon EF 50mm f1.4 or a Canon EF 180mm f3.5 Macro. I use Lee neutral density filters a tripod and cable release for these low light shots in woodland. I know that looks like a lot of kit, but to be honest any of the modern SLRs will outperform the old 1DMkIII except in speed of focus.

You will also notice that in most of the shots I've shortened the focus depth (using f3.5 or f4) in order to get your eyes to focus on just one element. It also allows me to use a slightly faster shutter speed.

However, a lot of the time I can't be bothered wandering around with all that kit so just use a Lumix G1 or my iPhone :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE