A couple o bracers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fatbob

Nomad
Jun 29, 2012
Godmanchester
Hi all, following a bad accident 5 years ago I have to wear a wrist support on my left arm, so I made myself a couple of Bracer style supports out of 3mm veg tan leather, having no real leather tools made it a bit tricky but armed with a Stanley knife and a rounded off nail here's what I came up with.....
First a full length one....
image-26.jpg

Then a 3/4 length one.......
image-27.jpg

Fatbob

Nomad
Jun 29, 2012
Godmanchester
Thanks, yeah that's what I'm looking into next for the man cave some leather working tools, then just gotta figure out hoe to use Em lol, good old utube.....

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Brilliant! My man has a tennis elbow brace which snapped recently, might have to donate some leather for the cause! Your artwork looks lovely... 'rounded nail', you'll have all those leather toolmakers outta business ;)

That is great work...so great infact that it made me register so that i could post a comment! Like some of the others have said, when you have the right tools you will definitely be doing stunning work, and you obviously have an eye for design too. I've seen much worse carving by people with the right tools (not on this site obviously!)
Keep it up my friend, you may have found a new career :)

Fatbob

Nomad
Jun 29, 2012
Godmanchester
Thanks everyone, n welcome to the site Bigfoot leather, I've just been given some leather tools so let's see what I can come up with.

Fatbob

Nomad
Jun 29, 2012
Godmanchester
Thanks Creag, the numerals represent 16% its a patch I wear on my bike jacket, it stands for 16% of bikers are disabled and 16% of those are that way due to an rta ( me being one of them) and the runes are Fatbob and lightweight( my club name and my mrs club name.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Antarctic that bud, with the tools used, should get yourself some tools and carry in with this mate, you have a knack for this dying art, and could see you making something of this if you like that type of carvings.
the runes on the bottom look great.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE