a can of lager....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Apr22847.jpg

I dont like lager, but Im rather fond of shandy, and this will keep me in shandy for some time...

I asked at the checkout if these were selling well. (there were a lot on the shelves in asda) and they told me no. Which seems as shame as they keep for 30 days after opening,

And Im sure there are other fastinating things I can do with the tin....

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
:yikes: :nono:

Down in Devizes there is a lovely shop on the road through to the plain.

They sell 20 pint barrels of 6X.:D

That should make a proper shandy, it certainly makes a PROPER pint.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Apr22847.jpg

I dont like lager, but Im rather fond of shandy, and this will keep me in shandy for some time...

I asked at the checkout if these were selling well. (there were a lot on the shelves in asda) and they told me no. Which seems as shame as they keep for 30 days after opening,

And Im sure there are other fastinating things I can do with the tin....

They were selling them at a local shop at £9.99 a couple of months ago, reduced to clear. The beer is,,,,,,,,,an end of night drink if you get my drift IMHO, even my son who will drink anything apart from Tesco value Lager struggled to supp it:eek:

Tengu, get LOTS of lemonade for those shandy pints;)

PS, its a well made can, well possible for a good mod at a guess

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Beer diluted with lemonade, to make a weaker drink.

Shandy made with ginger beer instead of lemonade is quite nice, although once when Mandy's Uncle asked for it in a pub (you're probably already ahead of me here), he got ginger beer diluted with lemonade. :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
There are certain beers that should NEVER be adulterated - 6X is one - there are even some Lagers that should never be mucked around with (mostly Belgian).
This baby looks right for chemical experementation though - I am much more interested in the can than the contents!
The contents are suitable for slug traps and student parties - and that is about it realy.....:D

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
To be honest, I really was more interested in the tin than the contents. Sad huh?

But it looks like it has `potential` and shandy is a great cooling drink for a hot summer.

Ive never heard of that ginger beer idea, Scanker, I may just try that. Though I find decent ginger beer too expensive to muck around with. Shandy can be made with `value` lemonade (there are all sorts of things I do with this drink, mix it with orange juice, make into other pops with squash mixes.)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE