A boonie from Endicotts.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
So there I was the gardening the other week full sun and I had my Aussis style bush hat on but there was one thing missing. A neck protector after a few hours of weeding pruning and general garden mayhem my neck felt like it was on fire so I came in. Long story short I got one hell of a sunburn on the back of my neck. I decided it was time to get a boonie with a neck protector so I looked on Endicotts. They had one but not in my size but I thought it was worth a quick email just in case.

Kevin wrote back saying they didn't have that hat in bigger size but suggested one in B-TP that he could make a neck protector for me.

DSC_0001.jpg

I said okay and to let me know what I owed him for the work.

DSC_0002.jpg

To be honest I wasn't sure what I would be getting. A flap sewn into the back? A couple of pieces of velcro holding the flap? What I got was a very professional job. Kevin had made a slightly padded strip with velcro attached and sewn it into the back of the hat. The flap protector has velcro sewn on to it for easy attachment. Kevin did the work and wouldn't accept a single penny for his time and materials used, all I paid for was the hat. It's nice in today's world to find a retailer who still has old fashioned customer first ethics.

It was nice to do some gardening and not worry about any more sunburnt neck. Thanks Kevin you work is much appreciated.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Yup - Kev is the King of Service.
I have only bought a couple of items from him and visited once (and met him at a trade show) but I have yet to find a retailer devote so much to providing a fantastic level of Service.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
I get my stuff from Kev via mail order even though I live only about a 10 minute drive from the shop. We were in Exeter the other week and my wife saw Endicotts shop she said would I like to go and have a browse? I replied would you like to pay next months rent? Ohh! she said and we walked on. Letting me loose in that kind of shop is a bad as letting me loose in a model railway shop. Online is financially safer for us.

:empty: Me after a visit there.

:slap: My wife when she see's the stuff and the bank balance

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE