a bit naff but.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ally

Forager
Oct 15, 2003
lincoln
hi guys n girls

got heaps of those little string bags that come with detergent tablets and tried to think of some uses....

on a recent camping trip to scotland used a bag to carry the soap (you can hang it up to dry so your gear doesn't get covered) and found it works very well as a kind of loofer if you leave it on whilst washing, helps lather up even in cold hard water but does take a bit of getting used to the further south you go!

useful as a scrub too when clothes cleaning.

also useful as an oddments bag and is easily attached to your gear or just lobbed in your pack.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
also used for crab fishing as mentioned somewhere else around here...

and great for keeping loose change in. though you do get the odd strange comment in the pub, as i did last night.

cheers, and.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I use em to put little pots of herbs n stuff in when we go camping. I have a couple of 35mm film cans with Curry powder, Chilli powder, Mixed herbs, Cajun seasoning and a couple of oxo's in there. Can really zing up a bland meal in a jiffy :-?

L

LoneTurtle

And absolutely essential for keeping one's hair in place after spending an absolute fortune on that pre-moot coiffure.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
on a recent camping trip to scotland used a bag to carry the soap (you can hang it up to dry so your gear doesn't get covered) and found it works very well as a kind of loofer if you leave it on whilst washing, helps lather up even in cold hard water but does take a bit of getting used to the further south you go!
QUOTE]

love it, i've been trying to think of a good way to carry a bar of soap for a while and i'd never thought of a net, just need to get my hands on one of those little bags now (they don't come free with londis' cheapo wash powder) phone call to mother should do the trick i think.

cheers

stuart

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Used to use something similar fishing for mullet, a net bag filled with bread bits and hung over the quayside on a rope as a groundbaiting method.

the laird

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2006
DK
I miss these,a few of us used to use 'em for loads of stuff,the soap bag cum loofer was a favourite of mine as was tying the cord to your belt loop and carrying your loose change in the bag didnt matter about holes in your pockets.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE