A big thank you

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Being presented with awards always makes a good start to the day!

I've been very fortunate to win five business awards since I went full-time with Half-Goat Leatherwork a year ago.

First it was Business Gateway Plus Champion Young Entrepreneur & Most Effective Marketing Strategy in August 2015.
In june 2016 I won Young Entrepreneur at the DG Chamber Business awards, and finally I was just presented with the CX Project Champion Young Entrepreneur and Best Exporter 2016.

I wanted to say a big heartfelt thank you to everyone at BCUK :) This forum is where I first caught the leatherworking bug, and where I get a lot of inspiration from all the talented makers and kind folk I have met through here over the years. If it wasn't for the support I got from all our members I may not have ended up on the same path. so...THANKS! :)

HalfGoat Leatherwork Awards 2016 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Very well deserved man, you've earned that!
Your work is exquisite
Congratulations

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Excellent, I can't think of a better man for it! Your work is always top-notch, your posts interesting and informative and there's always a friendly feel to what you design and make.

All the best for the future, Hamish; if it's true that you make your own luck then you're sure to have great success :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
You deserve it. You're belts went down well with everyone. New order will be incoming within the week. Amazing talent.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Well deserved awards Hamish, good to see these awards going to someone as passionate about their trade as you are! :D

You've paid it forward as well... since giving me that bag of leather at Wooplaw, I've spent months practising and making stuff out of leather... I'm a long way off having the skill set that you have, but I'm enjoying the learning process. You also gave me the confidence to buy the leather and tools I needed to enjoy leather working.

I for one would like to thank you, not only for the many times you've offered me advice, but sharing your skills via YouTube and here on BCUK... you're a star!!

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
WOW, I mean I know your work is top notch but hadn't realised you were up and coming so to speak, the awards I know not of but to receive them must just make you smile ear to ear, keep on turning out your passion mate, well done.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Very cool stuff Hamish congratulations, so it is not just us lot who are amazed by what you make :cool:

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
thanks for all the kind replies :) I'm running around like a headless chicken at the moment preparing to head off next week back to norway for my now annual viking market running leatherwork courses so these last awards were a wee bit of icing on the cake :)

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
Well done Hamish, my Mum still uses the 'Book of Wisdom' you made for her (through this forum as well) & it's ageing nicely, with marks from kitchen use, occasional dusting of flour etc.
I've been off the forum for a while & missed you moving to D&G, hello neighbour (if 60 miles can be considered neighbours :D)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE