a belated hello,

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hello from me, i guess i should have done first before gobbing off, I currently live in scotland after moving up from plymouth, I became interested in bushcraft as a subject after watching Raymond Mears programmes about five years ago but iv'e been involved in survival for a while mostly in the army, hiding and camping on salisbury plain and other training areas when younger in cadets.I greatly admire any one who makes usefull items with there hands, and I am intent on learning as much as i can from anyone willing to teach. I have already read a small section of the great wealth of information available, and i'm certain some of it should be on the national curriculum. thank you for reading.

P.S. sometimes i'm a pratt:p

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Welcome Southey,

Im at Kinloss too and there's a few others on here who live local. We're quite lucky lots of wide open spaces and not many folk around. Im away at the moment but maybe we can meet up in the summer if your intrested. Ed

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Hi Shaman
No, the posters gone now, along with most of the bars. But maybe thats a good thing!
Ive not been out much yet actually think i ll have to tee up some flying with the SAR guys.
Hope Torridon and Fisherfield are as wild as ever, ta Ed

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hello to all and thank you for the warm wselcome, yeah limaed that would be great, i take it from your location your in the same line of work as my wife, can you sugest any good spots in the local area?

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Hi Southey,

A lot of the woodland near us is commercial forestry, although there is some mixed woodland and large areas of native pine forest. The Dava way is a good starting point, head south from the Dallas Dhu distillery and keep going to you find a good spot (there's quite a few) both on it and if you explore off it (its the old Forres to Grantown Railway).
Its very good for wildlife spotting I regulary see red squirrels, deer, foxes and all sorts of birds of prey.The Spey way is simular though a bit further out.
Culbin's probably great for a night out though I would want to use a hobo stove rather than have a fire. When I moved here I just got the OS map out and went exploring once your away from the coast its very quiet, I rarely see anyone around. Ta Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE