88-Year-Old Polar Pure Inventor Hassled By the DEA

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Docherty

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2010
Dorset
Sounds like he refused to comply for as long as possible then got upset when they shut him down... if they were really raking in $100,000 a year he doesn't have an excuse for not paying the $1,200 regulation fee and if the only customers he has are wholesalers and camping stores, I don't see why it's so hard for him to hand over a list of customers either.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Sounds like he refused to comply for as long as possible then got upset when they shut him down... if they were really raking in $100,000 a year he doesn't have an excuse for not paying the $1,200 regulation fee and if the only customers he has are wholesalers and camping stores, I don't see why it's so hard for him to hand over a list of customers either.

+1 on this. Sounds like he was just being obstinate. If I had a $100k/year business, I'd definitely comply with the regs rather than lose it. It is a shame though that some once over the counter meds now have to be restricted (pseudoephedrine) because it can be used as a precursor to illegal drugs.

Last edited:

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland

yep.

If he's active enough to jog a couple of times a week - he could take his girlfriend on holiday occasionaly too. [yes i did read the whole thing - I've not got anything better to do - well i have but can't but I'm not getting into that...]

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Here you go:

"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
It doesn't pay to tread on the toes of the USAs biggest drug barons (the CIA). The Feds don't like it when they don't get their cut.

dixienormns

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2011
meadowview Va. usa
an other freedom gone the gov now wants to know who is buying waterproof match containers and ammo in sealed cans and customers that insisted on paying cash for purchases

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE