58 Pattern Bottle.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
I'm after a proper 58 Pattern bottle, I have a cheap one and the lid keeps leaking.

Unfortunately the only place I can seem to find that has any in stock at a reasonable price is Surplus and Adventure and the bad publicity is putting me off getting one from them.

Anyone no of a site that has them for a reasonable price (around £7-£10)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
You should be able to pick them up in any surplus store, on the bay or from dodgy QM department types!

Thy are good, but I feel nalgene types are better for not imparting a screech flavour into your water. I find my water always tastes of screech and I never use the stuff!

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Hi
I got a couple of excellent condition bottles with mugs from British military service just look in there hardware section i have had no problems from ordering from them in the past.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You should be able to pick them up in any surplus store, on the bay or from dodgy QM department types!

Thy are good, but I feel nalgene types are better for not imparting a screech flavour into your water. I find my water always tastes of screech and I never use the stuff!
But I like screech?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Zam,

Its like powdered orange or lemon squash. Horribly chemical. It was sold to civis 30 years ago as "Rise and Shine" (anyone remember that?).

You think you hate it...but need some more...like crack for squaddies

Red

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
I'm after a proper 58 Pattern bottle, I have a cheap one and the lid keeps leaking. Anyone no of a site that has them for a reasonable price (around £7-£10)
I got mine from tantrum666 on e-bay, but he doesn't have them right now. Everything I have bought from him has been good. It is not marked MOD but is made by highlander and has plastic moulded rivets. I use it everyday to take water to work and its been fine for 2 years so far. £10 inc P&P

The handle came off the one I bought from Surplus and Adventure because it was metal riveted and they popped out under load.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Can you believe it, I was messing around with my cheap 58 pattern bottle copy today and the rubber seal ring fell out. I picked it up and noticed there were two, so I removed one and then put the lid on and low and behold the bottle tightened up perfectly, I checked it for leaks and it was fine. I suppose it'll keep SWIMBO off my back as I won't be buying any more "junk" for a while.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE