410 mooching shotgun project

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
How does the 410 stack up against 20 bore per cartridge, cost wise?

Last time I looked it was more for 410 cartridges than 12 bores, can't say I've ever checked the prices against 20 bore.

Had a 12 bore, bit much for what I wanted really.
 
Its a lot more than I pay for 12 bore still. I think the dearest I have seen is £5.25, how much were you quoted?
 
Its a lot more than I pay for 12 bore still. I think the dearest I have seen is £5.25, how much were you quoted?

I honestly can't remember as it was years ago that I had the 12 bore but it was significantly higher for the 410s. Seem to remember it was more than double.

Might not have been like for like cartridges though.
 
£5.25 Red? Is that just for a box of 25 or per 25 for a larger order?

I paid £6.10 inc vat per 25 for Eley 2.5" and that seems average for the area. (Similar 12 bore price would be around £4.50).

The problem I had was getting hold of them, not many places around here seem to stock .410s.
 
Per box but I do buy a lot of ammunition so that may not be the "walk in" price. I got it for less by the slab.

Everyone has it here, but usually only No 6 shot.
 
Nice Job Topknot

Still waiting on my FAC / SGC

my freindly RFD has a pile of old Guns for destruction and is gonna let me have a look at any that arnt condemned as dangerous to shoot there's a few old 410 folders i saw one with a Skeleton stock ;) and one similar to yours

ATB

Duncan


If your mate got one with a skeleton stock and its going in the bin i might be interested.

Is that the price for the 410 shell, good job i got 4 boxes of them .

Cheers
Topknot
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE