4' x 6" bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forager
Jun 16, 2008
North East
I've managed to acquire (womble) three of these bags and given the rather odd dimensions I don't really have a use for all of them, they are all brand new (although one is unpacked) and good quality.

Each is approximately 120cm (4') with a 15cm (6") diameter and have a pull string fastening with metal rivets at the top, an inner flap and a thick hardboard base stitched in the bottom, they are a heavy duty rucksack type material and come in that oh so fashionable Olive green. I've used mine for many a task including carrying tent poles, rods etc.

Anyway I'm looking for the following but anything considered really:

Trangia cap
Trangia simmer ring
Leather to make a strop/sheath
Mapcase
Kydex
Knife making bits

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Forager
Jun 16, 2008
North East
They could well be fishing bags but then im no fisherman! they dont have any sort of handle on them though. :confused:

I used a few for carrying tent poles for a huge old canvas tent I once had, the poles were twice the weight of my current tent on their own!

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
they had similar dimension bags made of nylon, at my local surplus shop, on the label it said "Umbrellaflage poles" (I'm guessing the poles that they use to put nets over tanks etc).

useful for long things i use them to store/carry gardening tools and tent poles.

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
They're pole bags for the aluminium poles for a 9' x 9' green army issue tent, I'm not quite sad enough to know the Nato Stock Number for them but nearly! These are a very good bit of kit, strong as anything.
Colin

Forager
Jun 16, 2008
North East
Thanks for the info guys, yep they are pretty substantial bags and do have that tough as old boots army feel to them :)
I haven't noticed any labels on them to be honest but I will take another look later.

ATB

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Thanks for the info guys, yep they are pretty substantial bags and do have that tough as old boots army feel to them :)
I haven't noticed any labels on them to be honest but I will take another look later.

ATB

there might not be any labels;), they used to stamp on canvas stuff with indelible ink.

Forager
Jun 16, 2008
North East
I still have 2 of these left if anyone's interested.

I'm also looking for a millbank bag if anyone has one and I don't mind paying for it if the bags don't float your boat.

ATB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE