3 Days on Dartmoor - 10 Item Challenge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Hi Folks,

I've just returned from a 3 day trip to Dartmoor with friends. We set a bit of a challenge between the four of us just to make it interesting. The rules were; you were only allowed to take 10 items (food/drink/clothes were considered free items) but everything else even your rucksack counted as 1 item, toilet roll as another etc. You can see what I decided to take in my blog-post here.

Anyway I snapped some nice shots whilst we were out, we had an icy morning so that made for some interesting shots, thought I would share them with you...

- http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ashleycawley/Dartmoor3Day10ItemsTripOct2010#

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
As others on this trip will know, I struggled to get down to 10 items, I just couldn't bring myself to leave my toothbrush at home for starters but anyway, here's my list:-

Tent
Sleeping Bag
Sleep Mat
Cup
Spork
Knife
Billy Can (With Cleaning Kit)
Stove (With fuel canister, wind shield)
Fire steel
Wash Kit
Torch (Spare Batteries)
Rucksack

Now, I would add that, with food and 3 litres of water, my total pack weight was only 12Kg so I'm pretty pleased with that. When we did the same trip last year with unlimited kit, my pack weight was in excess of 20Kg. This time we walked several miles carrying our whole 3 day expedition supplies on our backs and I hardly noticed it was there.

Martin

bhofmann

Forager
Dec 18, 2009
Exmouth, Devon, England, UK
You guys have made me SOOOO jealous with your excellent photos and interesting tweets. I made a fire in my Chimenia in the garden both days and thought about you lucky bas...ds out there on the Moor. I had garden chores to do and a trip to the tip with a trailer load of cuttings. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your photos. Looks like it was absolutely gorgeous.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE