2nd stage my special knife heat treating

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
Hi every body Ive been busy with this special knife im doing its now gone through the second stage. of heat treating the blade as you can see in my picture's in my home made furnace :D like all best laid planes it didnt go to plan :bluThinki the first heat treat failed i went a few seconds to fare i normally test how hard its gone in a couple of ways one with a file second is with a sharp center punch also by the colour and texture of the metal Ive now gone through the proses again with success this time the blade is now hardened and annealed and the first stages of sharpening to see if it keeps its edge fantastic i was a bit worried i would destroy the blade in the Harding proses as I've done on a couple off other knifes i did a wile back in my learning proses.know for the bespoke handles yippee watch this space:rolleyes: stanley

Me147.jpg

heating the oil up to minimise any chance off stress fractures in metal
Me149.jpg

all fired up and ready to go don't worry Ive had fire training jump on it to distinguish flames :D
Me150.jpg

and this my first attempt at heat treating :red:
Me151.jpg

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Good job guv'nor:beerchug: , looks like a nice furnace you've got going there; by the way, do the neighbours think your nuts yet?:eek: Looking forward to seeing the next stage.:naughty:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE