2021 Summer BushMoot - 26 July - 7 August 2021

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Re bring and buy.

How about you lay you trade items out at your camp a given morning? Those interested can have a wander round and find your wares.

One of our local villages has done the same. Basically a garage sale on one particular day. They call it a Brocante.

Keeps us all outdoors and spread out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulds

Sep 28, 2016
Manchester
Hi all, haven't been around for a while. Obviously everything is based on a play it by ear basis right now. but as there isn't a specific core days ticket I guess I can just buy some days and use them for whichever days I can make it?

I'm waiting to order right now because I'm having an op on thursday to remove a cancerous kidney and they tell me the recovery time is up to 4 weeks but obviously I want to know that I feel up to a 4 hour drive then 5+ days camping. If I buy 5 days would I be able to just buy an extra couple of days at the moot if I'm feeling well enough?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hey Paul, sorry to hear about the kidney, that's a tough one.

With the day tickets we need to know which days so we can track the numbers on site etc. Best bet is to book the tickets closer to the time when you know how you're doing.

Hope it all goes well mate

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Will there be a "Bring & Buy" and/or a "Traders' Day" this year?
Don't worry John, we can always do B&B at the NC but commission and covid tax will be 90%. Mags will have to boil everything for two hours and then leave it in bleach over night. Were you thinking of selling those little leather bags?

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I can manage the first week this year. I'm travelling up with tengu. Can I still pay on arrival if you have enough places to keep one open for me please Tony?

paulds

Sep 28, 2016
Manchester
Hey Paul, sorry to hear about the kidney, that's a tough one.

With the day tickets we need to know which days so we can track the numbers on site etc. Best bet is to book the tickets closer to the time when you know how you're doing.

Hope it all goes well mate
Thanks Tony, much appreciated and yes that makes sense

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I can manage the first week this year. I'm travelling up with tengu. Can I still pay on arrival if you have enough places to keep one open for me please Tony?
Yeah, that will be fine, I'll put your name in for numbers, do let me know if your plans change though.

Thanks Tony, much appreciated and yes that makes sense
No problem, hope it all works out ok.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
FYI Tony, I notice on the main BushMoot web site you state there will be some boundary changes to other years. Perchance you have a little more detail.

Reactions: nigelp

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
If you camp where you've been previously in the car park you're fine. The boundary is literally by the edge of the car park if you were heading off towards dingley dell

It's a bit of a concern frankly, I'm hoping we can put some pressure on them as I can't see how this is going to work without being overly crowded. I've heard they've extended the camping grounds out to the west of the site, but the last time I saw that it didn't have any trees in it.

Tony, are you moving the archery? Seems to be a lot of camping area there that'll need freeing up? Or are numbers low this year

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

py6km

Mar 4, 2014
UK
I'd like to know more details about the boundary conditions as well before I commit to buying tickets if possible please - frankly, being able to squirrel myself away somewhere is appealing so if the useable area has been reduced and comprises less 'attractive' non-woodland etc., it would be a shame

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
The main woods can't be used for camping any more, from the image below you can see the boundary line, we went down a little while ago and GPS plotted the boundary so this is fairly accurate.
So, we lose depth into the woods but the woodland we used for archery is now all camping and the area around it.

There's a new car parking area that will accomodate a good number of cars which will also free up some other areas that will be good for tents mostly.

When you get there you'll see the blue topped posts that run right across form the main road to the embankment (straight green line on map) they are the boundary.

We can use the bigger woods for activities, walking etc etc but we can't sleep in them.

We will use all the area marked over the embankment, the archery range will be relocated and that woodland will be sued for camping, it's all been cleared so there's a fair amount of space in there.

Numbers aren't high, we've kept everything low key with the only email just going out yesterday, there should be plenty of room, it's obviously just going to be a little inconvenient for those that have established themselves in set places that are no longer part of the camping area.

The fort has gone, Naughty corner has been cleared of the pizza oven and bar (although there was some talk of building something up there like another little shelter area, can't remember accurately though) There's more water points, much of the infrastructure is the same.
The roads in are much better now.

Hope that goes some way to explaining the situation.

Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 14.32.32.png

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Looking at the map it would seem to show the area near the front entrance and up to the naughty corner is fine for hammocks.....yet in the past if ten people used it I would be surprised, 20 at most. Really sorry to be a "nay sayer", but are we now paying higher fees for a postage stamp.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Looking at the map it would seem to show the area near the front entrance and up to the naughty corner is fine for hammocks.....yet in the past if ten people used it I would be surprised, 20 at most. Really sorry to be a "nay sayer", but are we now paying higher fees for a postage stamp.
I wouldn't say it's a postage stamp in the slightest. It's not great not being able to camp where we used to but with numbers low there ought to be plenty of room for everyone.

As for higher fees it's gone up about £25 per person on 2019 prices so it's still a good deal for 13 nights in the woods with a lot more freedom than you'd have on a normal campsite

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE