2012 bcuk Arctic Expedition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
Right chaps, add one to the list. I'm just waiting to hear back from Becky so I can sort the deposit out. I had hoped to rope in an accomplice but that's looking unlikely now. Providing I can make the timings work I'm hoping to fly out of Manchester.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Nice one Ted, if we can get a few more then we may be able to negotiate if we can't get full compliment. Perhaps working from just Laavu's without a building would reduce the overheads enough to go still ahead on reduced numbers?

Oh thank you very much Gary, I've been called many things but 'Wood-boring Insect' is a new one! :p

Glad to be aboard

Better than being a Boring wood insect...
10980.gif

Not the best choice of words I suppose but I hope you know what I meant.

Lets keep fingers crossed...

deepforest2501

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2007
Northern Ireland
would it be terrible to suggest that this course might run during Christmas hol time or maybe from 27th Dec next year. I work in education and it is impossible to get this time off. I really mean no chance. The school would have to buy in cover for my absence even if I take it off without pay. we are already losing more staff this year due to cutbacks. The course sounds the business.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I'm not sure it as feasible to run it at that time of the year-daylight hours are the shortest of the year, snow levels are lower, flights are more expensive which would have put me and others off and ice is thinner on the lakes.

March is perfect and the best time of year to go-longer daylight and lots of snow to dig into.

Personally, I don't think I'd have gone in December.

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
All

The following is an official list of all those that have paid their deposits for this expedition and consequently represent the numbers so far:

1. wayland

2. snijd005

3. skaus84

4.Loenja

5.imagedude

6.tedw

Becky

Forager
Nov 11, 2005
west midlands
All

The following is an official list of all those that have paid their deposits for this expedition and consequently represent the numbers so far:

1. wayland

2. snijd005

3. skaus84

4.Loenja

5.imagedude

6.tedw

7. Dangerous Dan

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
If we're struggling for numbers would anyone mind if I try to recruit from my workplace? I have a couple who'd be interested but aren't BCUK members. I guess we could soon sort that out if it's a problem :)

aquinatis

Jan 5, 2012
France
I am very very new here: just one post.

I wonder if a such expedition is open for a french guy with only one post :)?

Seriously, I used to spend nignt outdoor during winter, I projected to go North, but I discover today that there is a possibility to do that with other bushcrafters.... here with BUK.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Well i do not make the difference now beetween full member and .... not full member :) I will study that!

Do not worry about it, just check the expedition details and sign-up!

When I did the Foundation probably well less than half had posted previously and only a very small number were full members.

Full Members choose to pay a small amount to help pay the site bills and get a few added features.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
When it comes to courses and Expeds there's no difference in signing up, on some things we give the FM's first dibs on places but for things like this it doesn't matter.

If anyone has someone interested that they trust then feel free to invite them, we have members that bring along family that aren't members so it will be fine. So, if you've got a work college, a mate for a family member then feel free to get them on board. It's a great opportunity at a great price.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE